Location Regional NSW
Advertisement Number A900098182
Number of Positions 1
Total Remuneration Package: Remuneration package valued at $137,486.00. This position attracts a base salary of $124,038.00, plus leave loading and employer's contribution to superannuation.
School Name Ballina Coast High School
Principal Network Lennox Coast
Staffing Area Tweed Heads/Ballina
FTE 1.000Contact Name Janeen Silcock
Contact Phone number 0266810100
Closing Date 24-Feb-2021
Job Category TCH Other
Organisation Teaching Service
Ballina Coast High School is a comprehensive co-educational school which has been purposefully designed to embrace our pedagogy. Opened in 2019, the school has an increasing enrolment of over 1000 students, 16% identify as Aboriginal. The school has a strong focus on wellbeing, choice and a targeted sport program. In 2021 we will be developing a targeted performing arts program. Our tenets are excellence, innovation and diversity and we celebrate these daily. Our school’s strategic directions are improving student growth and attainment, quality teaching and collaboration and learning and engagement.
In 2021 we will undergo an External Validation. The Head Teacher Welfare is a new position as a result of increased growth.
Specific Selection Criteria
Applicants must satisfy the teacher training and academic qualification requirements for this position. In addition to the general selection criteria,
- Successful secondary teaching experience with a demonstrated capacity to develop and implement programs that support, promote and enhance a high standard of educational attainment, engagement and wellbeing for a diverse range of students.
- Demonstrated capacity as a visible, approachable and inspirational member of the school community to lead initiatives to address whole school strategic directions, preparing students for success.
- Proven ability to analyse to interpret and analyse a range of data to support school evaluation, strategic planning and future school directions, with a focus on student wellbeing and engagement.
Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills with the capacity to lead and develop teams that deliver a coordinated, whole school wellbeing structure to support student learning and engagement
General Selection Criteria
1. Successful teaching experience with capacity to initiate improvement in teaching, learning and classroom practice
2. Knowledge of curriculum, assessment and student welfare with the ability to lead and design quality, inclusive teaching and learning programs
3. Educational leadership skills to build the capacity and manage the performance of individuals and teams
4. Well developed communication and interpersonal skills with the capacity to build relationships and engage students, staff and parents
5. Ability to plan and manage resources effectively and equitably to support teaching and learning
6. Knowledge of and commitment to the Department's Aboriginal education policies
An unconditional full approval to teach is a requirement. If you do not hold a full approval to teach with the NSW Department of Education, you are required to commence the application process at the same time as you apply for this teaching opportunity.