Location Sydney Region
Advertisement Number A900097664
Number of Positions 1
Total Remuneration Package: Remuneration package valued at $137,486.00. This position attracts a base salary of $124,038.00, plus leave loading and employer's contribution to superannuation.
School Name Hawkesbury High School
Principal Network Hawkesbury
Staffing Area Windsor
FTE 1.000Contact Name Kerrie Shortland
Contact Phone number 02 4579 6800
Closing Date 03-Mar-2021
Job Category TCH Other
Organisation Teaching Service
Hawkesbury High School is a comprehensive, co-educational high school, located in a semi-rural setting in the Hawkesbury District in Northwest Metropolitan Sydney. The school has 470 students in Years 7-12, including 11% Aboriginal students. The school has strong connections with the local community and is supported by a proactive and engaged Parent Advisory Council. The school has a focus on academic, vocational and wellbeing programs and enjoys a strong and sustainable learning partnership with local primary schools. The successful applicant will work with a motivated executive team, supportive staff and an engaged learning community that supports the social and learning development of all students.
Further information about the school can be found at:
Specific Selection Criteria
Applicants must satisfy the teacher training and academic qualification requirements for this position. In addition to the general selection criteria,
1. Knowledge, application and understanding of evidence-based practices that lead to measurable improvements in wellbeing and engagement to support student learning.
2. Proven ability to develop, implement and evaluate programs that improve student attendance, wellbeing and learning outcomes.
3. Demonstrated ability to work as a highly visible member of the executive leadership team to lead initiatives that engage a range of school and community stakeholders and promote collaborative partnerships.
4. Demonstrated ability to successfully lead whole school programs that focus on building individual and collective wellbeing, contributing to a positive, supportive and encouraging learning environment.
General Selection Criteria
1. Successful teaching experience with capacity to initiate improvement in teaching, learning and classroom practice
2. Knowledge of curriculum, assessment and student welfare with the ability to lead and design quality, inclusive teaching and learning programs
3. Educational leadership skills to build the capacity and manage the performance of individuals and teams
4. Well developed communication and interpersonal skills with the capacity to build relationships and engage students, staff and parents
5. Ability to plan and manage resources effectively and equitably to support teaching and learning
6. Knowledge of and commitment to the Department's Aboriginal education policies
An unconditional full approval to teach is a requirement. If you do not hold a full approval to teach with the NSW Department of Education, you are required to commence the application process at the same time as you apply for this teaching opportunity.