Location Sydney Region
Advertisement Number A900097462
Number of Positions 1
Total Remuneration Package: Remuneration package valued at $134,421.00. This position attracts a base salary of $121,273.00, plus leave loading and employer's contribution to superannuation.
School Name Rose Bay Secondary College
Principal Network Bondi
Staffing Area Bondi
FTE 1.000Contact Name Cathy Archer
Contact Phone number 9301 0300
Closing Date 03-Mar-2021
Job Category TCH Other
Organisation Teaching Service
Rose Bay Secondary College is a partially selective co-educational college blending a comprehensive local enrolment with two selective classes in each scholastic year from Year 7 to Year 10. The current enrolment is 1337 students, 43% of whom have a language other than English spoken at home and 10 of whom identify as being from an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Island background.
Students at Rose Bay Secondary College achieve academic excellence. All students are encouraged to reach their full potential through access to a uniquely broad, flexible curriculum that challenges and inspires them. Students achieve outstanding results across all key learning areas in the HSC and regularly attain a creditable ATAR ranking. The academic tradition of success is reflected in our students consistently gaining entry to the country’s leading universities or employment in the field of their choice.
The college also has an Inclusive Education Faculty (IEF) with support classes for students with learning disabilities. There are two classes that support students’ moderate intellectual disability (IO) and one class for students with Autism Spectrum Disorder. These students have individual education plans and learn in modern facilities with experienced special education teachers and support staff.
Students’ learning is enriched by an exceptionally active creative and performing arts program. Curriculum options include music, dance, drama, film and TV video production, broadcasting and visual arts. The thriving co-curricular program offers many more opportunities for extension in this area. Sport and physical activity are an integral part of the Rose Bay Secondary College experience. The college is equipped with advanced computer technology that supports our ICT learning programs including software development, robotics, film animation and special effects editing, and music composition and editing. School wide wireless technology enables teachers to design creative learning opportunities for students and gives students the ability to access resources and connect with learning opportunities beyond their classrooms.
Specific Selection Criteria
Applicants must satisfy the teacher training and academic qualification requirements for this position. In addition to the general selection criteria,
- Demonstrated capacity to cooperatively lead the whole school wellbeing team strategically and collaboratively in the case management and support of students’ wellbeing and learning needs.
- Demonstrated capacity to work collaboratively with the other HT Wellbeing, the HT Teaching, Learning and Support and the PB4L team to develop, systemise and implement evidence based whole school wellbeing programs that cater for wellbeing and learning for a diverse range of students.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of the school executive to lead, monitor and evaluate the implementation of the school’s strategic directions with a focus on measuring the impact of wellbeing and attendance initiatives on student learning.
General Selection Criteria
1. Successful teaching experience with capacity to initiate improvement in teaching, learning and classroom practice
2. Knowledge of curriculum, assessment and student welfare with the ability to lead and design quality, inclusive teaching and learning programs
3. Educational leadership skills to build the capacity and manage the performance of individuals and teams
4. Well developed communication and interpersonal skills with the capacity to build relationships and engage students, staff and parents
5. Ability to plan and manage resources effectively and equitably to support teaching and learning
6. Knowledge of and commitment to the Department's Aboriginal education policies
An unconditional full approval to teach is a requirement. If you do not hold a full approval to teach with the NSW Department of Education, you are required to commence the application process at the same time as you apply for this teaching opportunity.