Due to the retirement of our current Headteacher, the Governors of Ince Church of England Primary School are seeking to appoint an inspirational, visionary and enthusiastic Headteacher to lead our successful school into its next chapter.
Recently graded Good by Ofsted, the school has the capacity to become outstanding and our Christian ethos underpins our commitment to nurture the next generation of pupils in our school.
We are seeking to recruit a Headteacher who:
- Can lead, inspire and empower and motivate children and staff.
- Is a natural communicator able to build on our well-developed partnerships with our children, staff, parents, church, wider community and other local schools and professional agencies.
- Has proven successful leadership experience across the primary phase at senior management level.
- Will further develop the distinctive Christian ethos of our school.
- Can cultivate a nurturing environment, promote successful teaching and learning and encourage high standards of individual achievement.
In return, we can offer you:
- An exciting opportunity to lead and further develop our successful school.
- Enthusiastic children who are keen to learn and achieve to high standards.
- A team of staff dedicated to providing the very best opportunities for our children.
- A supportive, committed and challenging Governing Body.
- A Christian ethos integral to school life.
Visits to the school are warmly encouraged on 9th or 10th October 2018. Please telephone the school office on 01942 704129 to make arrangements.
Application packs are available on the school website and returnable to Mrs Michelle Foster by email: Michelle.Foster@wigan.gov.uk or by post: Mrs Michelle Foster, Clerk to Governors, Governor Services, Wigan Council, 2nd Floor, Wigan Life Centre South, Wigan WN1 1NJ. Tel: 01942 486090.
Closing date: Midday on Friday, 19th October 2018.
Shortlisting: Tuesday, 30th October 2018.
Interview dates: Tuesday, 13th & Wednesday 14th November 2018.
The post is likely to come under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulation and the successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration form to establish whether there are disqualified under these regulations. Ince Church of England Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.