Hoe Bridge is a leading independent, co-educational prep school with pupils from nursery to year 8, situated in 22 acres of beautiful grounds.
The governors are seeking to appoint an inspirational Head to lead the school through the next stage of its history and development. Keen to build on the school’s academic, sporting and creative successes, you will also value the warm, family style community that we are so proud of as we imbue our pupils with happiness, confidence and achievement.
Drawing on your own strong leadership experience and outstanding classroom practice, you will provide a clear focus for continually enhancing the learning experiences and opportunities for our pupils, both inside and outside the classroom. High expectations, balanced with a personal warmth, enthusiasm and determination will be vital for you to work successfully with the pupils, parents, staff and governors.
We are looking for a Head who will:
- Have a passion for excellence in education and a commitment to helping young people to be the best they can be;
- Lead, motivate and develop the school and its staff so the academic, social and pastoral needs of the pupils are fulfilled;
- Have outstanding communication and management skills;
- Have a thorough understanding of ISI procedures and inspection;
- Inspire others and unite them for the benefit of the school and its pupils.
We can offer you:
- Pupils who are keen to learn and thrive;
- Dedicated staff;
- Committed, supportive governors;
- A well-resourced school with high quality, modern facilities;
- A competitive package;
- A busy, fun, action packed adventure, just like our pupils!
To apply, please submit a completed application form, CV and letter of application
to the Chair of Governors care of the Bursar, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or by post to Hoe Bridge School, Hoe Place, Old Woking Rd, Woking, Surrey, GU22 8JE.
For an informal, confidential conversation about the position, please call Nick Arkell
(current Head) on 01483 760018 or e-mail, email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 4pm Friday 29th September 2017.
First round interviews will be held on Thursday 12th October 2017.
Hoe Bridge School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all who work at the School to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be subject to child protection screening appropriate to the post including an enhanced disclosure through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and checks with previous employers.