Verbier International School seeks to appoint a dynamic and talented educator and administrator looking to gain further experience in a young and thriving mountain school.
About the School
Verbier International School (VIS) is a unique day school where children receive a first-class education while being immersed in a beautiful and safe mountain environment. We follow the English National Curriculum from Early Years until IGCSEs and welcome on average 100 students from around the world. We help our students improve academically within small-sized classes, offering them individualised attention and focus on success. Critical thinking, creativity and open-mindedness are central values and are reflected in our bilingual curriculum, arts programme and cultural development topics. Balancing academics with personal development and sports allows our students to develop all-round education and to find fulfilment and success every day.
The Headmaster/Headmistress will lead and develop this thriving international school in an attractive working environment with many opportunities for further development.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Head leads the school by:
- Reporting to and coordinating with the Board which determines whether the school is meeting its required educational and pastoral standards.
- Developing the academic and extra-curricular programs.
- Fostering relationships within the school by establishing clear and effective communication with staff, students and parents.
- Interviewing, supporting and coaching all staff members.
- Attending lessons in order to observe the teachers’ effectiveness in the classroom, ensuring much empathy is evident.
- Reporting back to staff with suggestions on how to improve.
- Overseeing the school finances and budgets after consulting with faculty and other staff. On these matters, the Head seeks approval of the Board.
- Establishing and upgrading regularly the educational/development plan of the school. These matters will be discussed with the Board of Governors.
The Head is the public face of the school and must be visible/accessible to and by students, parents and other stakeholders. In order to do so, the following should happen on a regular basis:
- Organise presentations to the student's body.
- Attend community events.
- Be easily accessible by parents; attend PTA meetings.
- Meet with individual families to discuss specific students’ behaviour and expectations.
Successful candidates will have:
- A Master's degree with a Pedagogical Diploma
- An experience of working in a Senior Management Team
- A sound knowledge of both English and French
- Ideally an international teaching experience
How to apply
- Apply by January 25th, 2021 to the current Headmaster Mr Didier Boutroux on email@example.com
- Please include in your application a covering letter, a curriculum vitae and copies of relevant diplomas.
- If you have an up to date CV on Tes.com you can also apply with one easy click! Click ‘Quick Apply’ to apply for this role today!
This is an exciting and potentially very rewarding educational leadership opportunity.
Verbier International School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 15 years
The Verbier International School delivers a world-class educational experience with the Swiss high standards, where education goes beyond the curriculum and will provide your children with a learning experience that will last a lifetime. We offe...