Redborne Upper School and Community College is an excellent school with deep roots in the local community. Redborne is a standalone Academy and is seen by many as an exemplar of high standards. The pyramid of schools under Redborne provides the children of Flitwick, Ampthill and surrounding villages with an outstanding education as witnessed by the high level outcomes.
Redborne has plans to expand to 1700 pupils (age 13-18) and the large and active 6th form will expand to 500 students over the next few years. It is currently rated at ALPS2 with about 80% of students moving on to their first choice University. The school has an on-site farm and it has benefited from over £3m of external investment in facilities in recent years. As a recognition of its high standards, the school has been awarded Teaching School status and provides support to schools in the local pyramid and further afield.
AT REDBORNE, WE AIM FOR:
- Academic excellence, by providing a broad, balanced, stimulating and flexible curriculum that centres on the needs and engagement of the individual student, placing teaching and learning at the heart of our professional development programme, recruiting and retaining high-quality staff and maintaining a sharp focus on monitoring progress;
- Shared values such as tolerance, caring for others, democracy, self-discipline, independence and mutual respect to foster the spiritual, emotional, moral, social and cultural development of students both as individuals and as citizens in society;
- Outstanding education in its broadest sense, through a vibrant programme of curricular, pastoral and extra-curricular activities, to prepare students for a positive and confident approach to the next stage of their education, training or employment and for adult life.
As Headteacher of Redborne you will be at the forefront of driving this mission forward. The School has established systems to enable the Headteacher to lead and manage his/her team to provide an outstanding education to the pupils and to develop well-rounded citizens for the future.
We are looking for a Headteacher with:
- a demonstrable and successful track record of strategic leadership in a school.
- a desire to see community-based education further grow and flourish under their leadership in a school that supports students of all abilities and from a wide range of backgrounds.
- the vision to both retain the successful characteristics and systems clearly already evident within the school, but also to look to the future and have the drive and enthusiasm to ensure that Redborne continues to provide an outstanding education for all our students and puts them in a strong position to secure ongoing success in a world of changing possibilities.
This role will, without a doubt, provide a richness of opportunity for the successful candidate, not only as Headteacher, but also in the growing opportunities to support local and wider developments through the Teaching School.
To apply, please complete and submit an application form with a supporting statement on no more than 2 pages of A4.
You will need to state clearly how you meet the requirements described in the Job Description. Please include your educational philosophy and demonstrate how this has informed your work to date.
For further information please contact Acting Head, Steve Gray on:
Switchboard: 01525 404462
All applications are to be sent to Lesley Jeffrey (email@example.com) no later than 12 noon on Tuesday 25th September 2018
Interview dates: Monday 15th and Tuesday 16th October 2018. Candidates called for interview will be asked to attend on both days.
The successful candidate will need to undertake a DBS Enhanced Disclosure and we are also asking candidates to take a psychometric test.
Please note we do not accept CV’s.
Redborne is an equal opportunities employer.