This vacancy arises upon the retirement of our long-serving Headteacher, at the end of the Summer Term 2021. St Mary’s is a mixed, over-subscribed, 2 form entry Catholic Primary School for children aged 4 to 11, with capacity for 420 children.
Our Catholic ethos is embedded in all that we do, and we strive to ensure that our pupils’ experience of Catholic Life is rich and meaningful. We are proud to share a unique relationship with our neighbouring parish of St Mary’s, and indeed the wider community of Harborne.
We are seeking:
- a practising and committed Catholic with a secure understanding of Catholic Education
- a determined and resilient professional with a proven track record of successful leadership who can robustly manage and develop a high performing wo form entry primary school.
- an impressive and influential character with the ability to inspire and motivate pupils, parents, staff and governors
- a dependable candidate who will build upon the exemplary standards at St Mary’s, with the ability to develop and implement strategic goals
In return, we offer you:
- a high performing, well-established school with an exceptional Catholic ethos
- happy, well-motivated children from diverse backgrounds who are proud of their school
- a dedicated, talented and experienced team of staff
- a commitment to support your continual professional development
- a supportive and committed governing body who are fully engaged in the life of the school and its stated aims and objectives.
The successful candidate will be expected to take up the appointment at the start of the Autumn Term 2021. Informal contact with the school is most welcome. Should you have any immediate questions, please direct them to Tracy Vincent, our Strategic Business Manager via the main office telephone number, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 12 April 2021, 9.00am
Shortlisting: 15 April 2021
Interviewing: Week Commencing 19 April 2021 (22 April 2021 Assessment Day, 23 April
For an applicant pack please email the job reference number ES2162 to:
CSURecruitment@birmingham.gov.uk Only CES applications forms will be accepted. Please
do not apply via the TES Website. Completed applications forms should be emailed to
CSURecruitment@birmingham.gov.uk by the above closing date.
St Mary's Catholic Primary
- Mainstream school with state - voluntary aided funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 4 - 11 years