The governors of this inclusive school are seeking to appoint an inspirational head teacher who will embrace both the strengths of the past and the challenges of the future through their vision, drive and ambition and who can provide the highest standards of leadership.
This is an exciting opportunity to lead a successful school. And in return we offer high levels of support, hardworking staff and well-behaved children who have a love of learning; our new head teacher should look to further enhance our vision for the school, taking full responsibility for the ongoing quality of education for our children.
We are looking for a head teacher who will:
- Give the highest priority to the quality of education at Sharples Primary School
- Have the vision, passion and enthusiasm to motivate and inspire children and staff to achieve their full potential.
- Ensure that children benefit from the highest standards of teaching, promoting the highest of ambitions.
- Maintain consistently high expectations
- Promote effective engagement with parents and the wider community, increasing the profile of the school
- Provide the highest levels of support for staff well-being
- Have the drive and a clear strategy for developing high standards of teaching and learning
- Have a wider focus on education including provision for our youngest learners
In exchange we can offer:
- A school that is already well-organised and with a very recent ‘Good’ Ofsted rating
- A supportive community that include staff, parents and governors
- High quality induction into the role
- Competitive salary
- A dedicated leadership team
- Positive links with the local authority
- A well run budget
- And best of all 237 children who are keen to learn and ready to achieve their best
Visits to the school are encouraged and warmly welcomed. Please contact Mrs Pauline Clarke on 01204 333077 to arrange a visit. If you would like more information about the school feel free to contact the chair of governors or the vice chair of governors for an informal discussion.
Shirley Buckley, Chair – tel: 07586 243090
Sazid Gija, Vice Chair – tel: 07841 777081
The information pack is attached to download. If you think you have the experience and knowledge to fulfil this role then please submit an application to Tanya Johnson, School’s HR Manager at email@example.com
Closing date: 10am on 9th September 2019.
Shortlisting date: 11 September 2019.
Assessment Centre: 19 September 2019.
Interviews: 20 September 2019.