We are looking to recruit an outstanding Headteacher who is committed to excellence in special education and whole heartedly supports our approach of valuing achievement, encouraging independence and subsequently, changing lives.
Kennel Lane School is a Maintained Special School located in Bracknell Forest catering for learners between the ages of 2 and 19. We are the only special school in Bracknell Forest and as such,our learners have a wide range of learning difficulties.
In the majority of cases learners have either Moderate Learning Difficulties (MLD) or Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD) and most also have a diagnosis of Autism. A small number of learners have Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD) and/or have degenerative medical conditions. Kennel Lane School also supports learners who despite their learning difficulty are more academically able but have other challenges.
Our vision is to enable our learners to understand the world around them, become fulfilled individuals and engage in their community as active, compassionate citizens. We do this by providing an innovative, outstanding and life-changing educational experience.
If you feel inspired to help us drive this vision forward, we would like to hear from you.
We are looking for a leader who:
- Is able to think and act strategically
- Can further develop and effectively communicate a strategic plan which inspires and motivates a wide range of stakeholders
- Puts the learner at the centre of everything they do
- Has a collaborative and supportive approach
- Uses data, assessment and recording systems to drive progress and attainment
- Is committed to valuing, supporting and encouraging staff professional development and wellbeing.
In return we can offer you:
- An inspiring school community that is committed to being outstanding in every respect
- A school where learners are enthusiastic, friendly and keen to learn
- A talented, strong and committed senior leadership team
- A warm and friendly environment where staff care deeply for all learners
- A highly supportive, collaborative and professional governing body
- An exciting opportunity to help shape provision for learners with SEN in the wider community.
To help you appreciate all the qualities of Kennel Lane School, we would like to offer you an opportunity to come and see for yourself. Visits are available on 7 and 8 February starting at 1:30pm. Please contact Anila.Ahmad@kennellaneschool.com if you would like to join us.
An Application Form and full Headteacher Information Pack can be downloaded from the Bracknell Forest website at http://bit.ly/2DzcSWE
Closing date for applications: midnight, Sunday 18 February 2018.
Interviews will be held on Thursday 1 and Friday 2 March 2018. Candidates will be expected to attend both days.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to a successful enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).