BDAT is looking to appoint an inspirational Headteacher for this challenging and exciting leadership role. We are seeking to appoint a strong and proven leader who will build on the strengths of our all girls’ school so that it provides an excellent education for all its students. Our goal is to transform the lives of our students, staff and community and to inspire each other to keep on developing and improving.
This post is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious leader looking either to extend their experience of headship, or start their first headship in a highly supportive and rewarding environment. The vacancy arises due to the retirement of the current post holder. The academy serves a multi ethnic community predominately British Asian with a very high progress 8 measure (top 25% in the country) and exceptionally low NEET. Expectations are high. We face our challenges and bring about success. We offer access to high quality personal professional development for all our staff, with a great emphasis of supporting and developing the lives of everyone in the academy.
You will also benefit from the close partnership working with the three other secondary Academies within our multi-academy Trust.
We need from you
- A strong commitment to achieving success through partnership and team work
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- drive, ambition and high expectations
- strong, innovative and creative leadership and management
- a commitment to learning and continuous improvement
- the desire and passion to initiate, lead and manage effective strategies to support the development of the school and have further impact on pupil outcomes
- a passion for developing innovative approaches to the curriculum
- to place safeguarding at the heart of the school
We can offer you
- a talented and dedicated staff team committed to our academy and our students
- high levels of governor and parental support
- a welcoming, friendly and vibrant school
- a strongly inclusive and progressive approach to teaching and development
- a school that is part of a forward thinking academy trust
The successful post holder will be accountable to the CEO of BDAT and Chair of the LGB.
Interested candidates can request an application pack by contacting Trudy Walker, Education Support Officer at the BDAT central office via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Visits to the academy are welcome but by appointment only, please telephone 01274 909035 to arrange a mutual appointment.
Closing date: 12.00pm on Monday 5th March 2018
Shortlisting: Thursday 15th March 2018
Interviews to be held on Wednesday 21st and Thursday 22nd March 2018
Belle Vue Girls’ Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff are subject to an enhanced DBS check. If you are successful in being appointed, the Trust will be your employer.
Belle Vue Girls’ Academy