Our school motto is "Being and doing our very best" and we strive to achieve this in everything that we do, ensuring that everyone is a valued and respected member of our school community. At Sefton Park, children really have a childhood. We take a holistic, child-centred approach to our pupils' education, where everyone can learn, have fun and feel safe and cared for each and every day. We are proud of our academic standards, encouraging pupils of all abilities to achieve their very best through an active learning approach. We strive to offer a truly creative, broad and balanced education incorporating a range of exciting and challenging learning opportunities. The curriculum is never narrowed or sacrificed for the sake of ‘results’. Children at Sefton Park achieve very well, while the holistic approach prepares our children for the next stage of their education and helps them acquire skills and values that will benefit and guide them for life. We work in collaboration with our parents, valuing their contributions as partners in the education process.
Governors are seeking a headteacher who:
· Inspires children with a sense of fun, and has a clear grasp of what makes learning engaging and active throughout the age range from Nursery to Year 6
· Inspires staff who are truly interested in teaching, and gives them the support to develop both individually and as a team
· Inspires confidence in parents through excellent communications
· Is able to identify what areas need addressing to make the school exceptional, while safeguarding our ethos
· Is able to deal efficiently with the non-educational aspects of running a school while providing the pedagogical leadership that is crucial to creating an excellent primary education
· Has a relationship of openness and partnership with the governing body and seeks to build partnerships more widely
Sefton Park will offer you:
· A welcoming and friendly community
· Wonderful children who are keen learners
· Committed and highly motivated staff
· A creative and inspiring learning environment
· A balanced curriculum that reflects the needs of every child
· Tremendously supportive parents and carers
· A supportive and proactive governing body
For more information, please see the
Sefton Park School Information Pack
Sefton Park Job Description and Person Specification
Sefton Park Text-only Information Pack with JD and PS available for printing.
Closing date 3rd March at 5 pm.
Shortlisting week of 8th March.
Selection days 18th and 19th March 2021.
Contact: Mrs Watts, School Business Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Safeguarding: The Governing Body and Local Authority are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young persons. We will ensure that our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo a Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Sefton Park Infant and Junior Schools Federation
Bristol, City of
- English primary schools