St Monica's is recognised as an Outstanding School serving the local Roman Catholic community in the area to the North of Manchester and is a Teaching School that embraces collaboration with other institutions to improve standards. The Governors are delighted to offer the opportunity to lead this dynamic and diverse learning community to practising Roman Catholics who are committed to sustaining improved standards of education and a caring environment where all members of the school community are encouraged to thrive.
We are looking for a strong, dynamic and inspirational leader who:
- has the vision and dedication to take on the challenge of leading this outstanding school
- works with mission integrity for the benefit of all within the school community
- has a clear strategic direction
- will challenge and empower staff to be the best they can be
- will develop and sustain a learning culture for all across our school
- will foster children's enjoyment of learning whilst ensuring high levels of achievement
- will develop the respectful and inclusive ethos of our school
We can offer:
- a diverse pupil community whose gifts are many and varied
- a supportive and professional Governing Body which is fully committed to continuous improvement for the whole school community
- a parental body that takes a keen interest in their children's development
- support for your professional development
- excellent local and borough wide collaborative links, particularly from the parishes with which we are associated
- support from both the Diocese and the Local Authority
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and encouraged and can be arranged by contacting the Clerk to the Governors, Mrs H Collier on 0161 773 6436 Extension 205.
Closing Date: 12 Noon, Monday, 2 October 2017
Shortlisting: Friday, 6 October 2017
Interview: Tuesday, 17 and Wednesday, 18 October 2017
St Monica's High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Appointment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Application forms should be returned, quoting the post reference number, to the Chair of Governors at the school by 12 noon on Monday, 2 October 2017.