Looking for the next educational visionary
The Trustees and Governors of William Ellis School for boys are seeking to appoint an inspirational Headteacher to build on the legacy of our founder, the 19th century educational visionary, William Ellis.
Ellis valued the development of thinking, reason and preparing young people to be happy adults and responsible citizens. This holds true to this day. We take great pride in preparing young men to be responsible citizens and contributors to their community, to be able to look after themselves and others.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A commitment to single-sex boys’ education with an understanding of its challenges and a compelling vision for its successful future;
- A deep understanding and proven experience of how to lead quality curriculum development and effective learning in all aspects of the school;
- A strong knowledge and understanding of how to strengthen achievement of all groups of students in this richly diverse 11-18 comprehensive school;
- A commitment to being a Camden community school – and promoting boys’ safety and welfare within the school and this community.
Closing date: 2nd March 2021 at 5pm
Longlist / shortlist: 5th March 2021
Activities / Interviews: 11th-12th March and 18th-19th March (it maybe that everything can be done on 11/12 March but we have built in an additional week to allow for Covid disruption).
We strongly encourage interested candidates to visit the school where our previous head, Sam White and Chair of Governors, Selina Skipwith will give you a guided tour and have an informal discussion about the role.
All visits and interviews will be carefully risk assessed and will take place within current COVID-19 guidelines.
To arrange a school visit on the 24th or 25th February please email Fiona McWilliam: email@example.com
For more information, please download the candidate information pack below. To apply, please complete the Tes online application form via the 'Quick Apply' button.
William Ellis School is committed to Equal Opportunities and to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and therefore expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment, all appointments are subject to DBS checks and excellent references.
William Ellis School
- Mainstream school with state - voluntary aided funding
- Secondary School
- Boys school with students of age 11 - 18 years
William Ellis School is a voluntary-aided, non-denominational comprehensive school in the London Borough of Camden, serving the secondary educational needs of boys in the diverse local community and of girls in the Sixth Form.