Charlton Mackrell Church of England Primary School
Bonfire Lane, Charlton Mackrell, Somerset, TA11 7BN
• Full Time
• Number on Roll: 80 (plus 18 in the Pre-School)
• Closing date: Wednesday 21st February 2018, 5:00pm
Salary Scale: Leadership Spine 6-12
Charlton Mackrell School is seeking to appoint an inspirational and forward thinking Headteacher to build on its current reputation and lead it into the next stage of its development. The School is situated in open countryside on the edge of the village and near the market town of Somerton.
The full-time role will involve a small, regular teaching commitment each week. However, whilst seeking a full-time appointment in the first instance, the Governors are open to applications for a part time headship role. Please contact the School to discuss this if you are interested.
The successful candidate will:
- Have the vision to ensure the School’s future, building on and extending high standards for all pupils
- Actively work with others and provide sound financial planning
- Provide outstanding leadership of our valued team
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Continue to ensure the School is at the heart of the local community
- Support, value and develop the Christian ethos of the School
- Nurture the individuality of every child through the continued development of a broad, relevant and creative curriculum, enriched by a variety of extra-curricular activities
- Lead on the further development of partnership[s] with other Primary Schools and into MAT membership
We can offer you:
- The opportunity to guide the school through its next stage in development, as it becomes an academy and enters a Multi Academy Trust
- Enthusiastic, well behaved pupils who engage positively with their learning
- A hard-working and motivated staff and governor team, who care deeply about children’s learning and well-being, alongside very supportive parents
- The support and commitment of our local church and wider community
- A learning environment which provides exciting opportunities to enhance learning
- The opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of the children and families in the local community
We encourage you to visit our school so that you can meet staff and children. To arrange a visit, please contact the school office on 01458 223329 or by e-mail on email@example.com
Further details can be obtained from the School website: http://charltonmackrellschool.org.uk
For further information and an application form please click Apply Now or please telephone our recruitment line on 01823 348270 or email SSERecruitment@somerset.gov.uk Please state which post and school. If you have not been contacted by the interview dates, you should assume that you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.
Please also return your completed application to SSERecruitment@somerset.gov.uk
Interviews: 15th and 16th March 2018
Charlton Mackrell Church of England Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and this post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.