Coddington CofE (VC) Primary and Nursery School
Number on roll: 408
Start date: 1st January 2022
Salary: IPR: L18 – L24
Contract: Full-time and permanent
• Do you inspire, lead and innovate?
• Do you put children and young people at the heart of all your thinking?
• Do you ensure staff CPD is high on your agenda?
If the answer to the questions is yes, this position is for you.
Our children and school community are looking for a headteacher who:
• is an inspirational, forward thinking strategic leader who is passionate about school improvement;
• has a clear vision for the school and will build upon our core Christian values;
• is ambitious for our children and can maximise their progress;
• views parents and carers as partners;
• fosters open and honest two-way communication and is a fair and decisive communicator;
• celebrates success;
• encourages and empowers teamwork;
• has a deep-rooted understanding of curriculum and learning;
• believes in inclusion.
In return we offer:
• Happy, motivated and well-behaved children who enjoy learning in a safe and positive environment and are keen to be lifelong learners;
• A highly dedicated, hardworking and caring staff team;
• A committed, newly reformed governing body with a range of skills and experience, well placed to support the new Headteacher;
• A school which is at the centre of the local community;
• The opportunity to move our school onto its next stage of development.
Coddington CofE Primary and Nursery School is situated in the village of Coddington, 3 miles east of the market town of Newark on Trent. As a school we are at the heart of village life and our parents are very supportive of the work we do. A good inspection judgement in 2019 highlighted the good behaviour and attendance of our pupils and the pride they took in their school. Governors however know that a lot of work needs to be done to move the school forward and will offer committed support to the successful candidate.
We are a Church of England school and have strong and well-established links with our local church, Southwell Minster and the diocese. Our Rainbow Christian values of respect, happiness, friendship, honesty, cooperation, responsibility and love underpin how we work as a school community.
As a school we value quality CPD and we are active members of the L.E.A.D. Equate Teaching School Alliance and are keen to share what we do well and learn also from the good practice that exists in other schools.
Please visit our website at https://coddingtoncofeprimary.com which will provide you with additional information about our school and will, we hope, encourage you to apply for the role of headteacher.
Candidates are warmly invited to visit the school to personally experience our work and ethos. To arrange a visit please contact Katie Stanley on 01636 702974 or via email at email@example.com
Application forms and further details are available from Governor Services by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone: 0115 804 4666
The closing date for applications is Monday, 20 September 2021 at 12:00 noon
Shortlisting will take place on Wednesday, 22 September 2021
Interviews will take place on Wednesday, 29 and Thursday 30 September 2021
• We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff to share this commitment and undergo appropriate checks.
• All posts in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
• The County Council welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation for posts within County and Controlled Schools and in Colleges.
Coddington CofE Primary and Nursery School
- Mainstream school with state - voluntary controlled funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 11 years