Employer: Downsview Primary School
Contract term: Full Time and Permanent
Salary: Outer London Leadership L23-L27
Start Date: September 2018 or January 2019
Job Expires: 5th June 2018 @ 12 noon
Downsview is a popular, three-form entry, Local Authority primary and nursery school, located within a residential area in the north of Croydon borough. Downsview has excellent facilities and spacious school grounds. This vacancy arises due to the promotion of our current Head Teacher, after seven years of leadership. The Board of Governors are looking to appoint a highly motivated, inspirational and dedicated individual, with extensive leadership experience, to lead our focused and motivated team. The successful candidate will continue to build upon the existing strong foundations in place and progress towards achieving the school’s goal of providing an outstanding education to all pupils. We are looking to appoint a new Head Teacher ideally for September 2018 or January 2019.
We are looking for a Head Teacher who:
• Is a dynamic leader with extensive leadership experience, enthusiasm and vision to inspire the whole school community;
• Is an excellent communicator, who can drive strategic vision and build inspirational relationships with pupils, parents, staff and governors;
• Supports and enables professional development of colleagues, leading by example;
· Is committed to excellence in education and learning with a growth mindset;
· Excellent inter-personal skills, with the ability to inspire and motivate others;
· A highly organised, knowledgeable individual in the field of education who can work with financial astuteness.
· Has a proven record of driving improvements
· Has the National Professional Qualification of Headship (or willingness to undertake) or Masters in Education (desirable)
In return we can offer:
· A community of eager and polite children, who engage enthusiastically in all aspects of the school;
· An experienced team of committed, hardworking and talented staff;
· A strong, supportive and well informed Governing Board, focused on school improvement;
· An engaging and welcoming parent community;
· The opportunity to work collaboratively with other schools;
· Excellent IT facilities and school resources;
· A well maintained school site and extensive outdoor area.
If you would like to know more, please come and visit us. We are very proud of Downsview and would love to show you more. If you would like an informal discussion about the role, please contact Mrs Maria Miller, Governor, on (07941 002835). To arrange a school visit, please contact Denise Taylor on 020 8764 4611 or e-mail Sec1@downsview.croydon.sch.uk.
Closing date: 5th June 2018 at 12 noon
Shortlisting: 5th June 2018
Interviews: 18th and 19th June 2018
Downsview is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and other employment checks.