- Salary L29-35 (dependent on experience) with additional allowance circa £15-£20K
- Job type:
- Full Time, Permanent
- Start date:
- 1st June or 1st September 2018
- Apply by:
- 22 January 2018
Are you looking for a new and exciting career challenge? This is a rare opportunity for a capable and energetic Headteacher to lead a well-respected school in a beautiful part of the country through to even greater success.
Dallam is a thriving comprehensive school of 1000 students, including 129 boarders from across the world. As well as being an International Baccalaureate World school, it is well known for its extensive outdoor and sporting provision and an impressive community education programme. Having become an Academy in 2011, it formed the South Westmorland Multi Academy Trust in late 2016, at present a single school MAT but ready to develop further.
- The headship of an interesting and exciting aspirational comprehensive school with a well-established status as an International Boarding School and so much more.
- An environment where good relationships between staff, students, parents and governors are the norm.
- A good school with excellent facilities in a beautiful setting on the fringes of the Lake District, a World Heritage site which the school uses to best advantage for its many outdoor activities.
- The opportunity to work with a committed and welcoming team of members, trustees and governors to shape the future of the South Westmorland Multi Academy Trust.
- An exceptional leader with a proven track record of achieving and sustaining high-quality outcomes in the secondary sector?
- Experienced in secondary education with a range of different leadership and management roles at a senior level?
- A person who has the inspirational skills to lead and manage the next stage of the school’s development?
- Able to take the school to the outstanding position to which it aspires?
- Capable of fostering a confident culture of achievement and support that promotes excellence, inclusion and high expectations for all?
If this is you, then you could be just the person we are looking for. Please download our Application Pack to find out more about us and details of the Appointment Process. We look forward to receiving your application.
Dallam is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment.
About Dallam School
- Dallam School
- LA7 7DD
- United Kingdom
Location: Cumbria, United Kingdom
Type: Mainstream School
Funding status: State - Academy
Age range: 11 - 19 yearsAbout Dallam School
Dallam is located in south Cumbria and very close to the Lake District National Park. It is an Operating Authority for the Duke of Edinburgh Award scheme. It has a long and successful history. Its earliest roots lie in the foundation of Heversham Grammar School in 1613. Four hundred years on Dallam is a popular mixed comprehensive 11- 19 school committed to serving our community.
While half of our students come from our natural catchment area in South Cumbria many travel to us daily from a very wide area that stretches into Lancaster, Morecambe and the Lune Valley. In addition, we have boarding students living at our nearby boarding house at our Heversham site during term time. Our boarders come from across the globe including Europe, Nigeria and Hong Kong and bring an international diversity and richness to the school.
Despite popular demand for places, Dallam remains small enough (around 1050) for every student to be known as an individual. It is friendly, yet purposeful. The school’s values of courage, respect, compassion, endeavor and integrity are instilled and positively reinforced through the students’ learning and behaviour. At Dallam, our emphasis is on preparing young people for an ever changing, modern world and a lifetime of learning and success in whichever career pathway they chose. There is respect for the traditions of the school, including good behaviour and a smart school uniform for students in Years 7-11. Dallam is an exceptional place in which young people can learn, achieve and thrive.
Having become an Academy in 2011 we formed the South Westmorland Multi Academy Trust in 2016. We currently remain a single academy focussing at this time on the success of Dallam School. As members of the South Lakes Federation, we maintain close links with our neighbouring secondary schools and Kendal College.
As well as a broad and balanced curriculum, Dallam also offers many extra-curricular opportunities. There is a full sporting programme making use of excellent facilities that include: all-weather tennis courts, excellent outdoor pitches, sports halls at the boarding and main school sites, plus a gym at the school’s Sports Centre. At every opportunity, we make use of the coast, lakes and mountains that surround us for exciting outdoor education for our students. Many students participate in musical and dramatic performances activities.
There is a full range of Sixth Form studies. The great majority of students starting in Year 7 can expect to continue all the way through to Year 13. Expert staff, specialising in their subjects up to A Level/BTEC, teach throughout the school. We also offer a programme of adult education courses through our partnership with Lancaster and Morecambe College.
Our students are wonderful and receive excellent support from a very committed teaching and support staff. All this makes Dallam an excellent place to work.
Please note that you are wholly responsible for fact checking in respect of the information provided by schools. Please also check for the latest visa and work permit requirements that may apply. Tes is not responsible for the content of advertisements or the policies adopted by advertising schools. Tes asks that all schools follow Tes' Fair Recruitment Policy.