‘Our school provides us with large outdoor spaces, a good education, an anti-bullying system, kind people and happy to help teachers’ Jonathan Y4 pupil
We are a two form entry Junior school, located in the beautiful Peak District and are proud of the special learning community we have built. Children are at the heart of what we do, and are encouraged to be active, curious learners who take responsibility and know they are valued, regardless of their background or ability.
Having led the school into securing a second Ofsted Good grading in November 2017, our current headteacher is retiring from this role. We now want to appoint an outward looking headteacher who can build on recent achievements and bring fresh ideas to take the school forward. We are looking for a strategic thinker, who is grounded in educational theory, someone who will shape and steer the path ahead, where every child and staff member can flourish and where curiosity and innovation are celebrated.
We can offer:
- An excellent foundation to build from: we have a strong, stable school environment, dedicated staff and recent good Ofsted grading.
- A nurturing, inclusive school which celebrates diverse abilities and endeavours to ensure that every child reaches their potential.
- The opportunity to create a remarkable curriculum and provide excellent learning experiences.
- The opportunity to think creatively about how to develop our premises and extensive grounds.
- An enthusiastic, collaborative and open Governing body.
- Supportive parents who assist across the school through volunteering and raising funds.
- A school that allows children to shine and be the best that they can be.
- A wonderful location on the boundary of the beautiful Peak District.
We are looking for a new Headteacher who:
- Puts children at the heart of all their decisions.
- Has a successful track record of leading a school in a Senior Leadership Role, with proven experience of raising standards in attainment and progress.
- Is a strategic thinker with an appetite for innovation, and has the leadership skills necessary to navigate the best future for the school.
- Can shape and steer the path, where every child has access to a broad and balanced curriculum, and the chance to be their best self.
- Is able to communicate and inspire trust when building relationships with all key stakeholders to help implement improvements.
- Is a relationship builder, who understands and values individuals and seeks to empower and support staff and pupils.
- Demonstrates good humour, adaptability and empathy whilst maintaining a degree of personal authority
- Has excellent inter-personal skills, is able to communicate and inspire trust and warmth and build a strong team.
We welcome applications from outstanding practitioners who would like to work in a child-centred, inclusive, happy school with a strong sense of community. Please find a school information and application pack below.
Committed to safeguarding the welfare of our children
Closing date: Sunday 25 February 2018
Interviews: 13 and 14 March 2018
Further details and an application pack are available online at www.derbyshire.gov.uk/jobs or Call Derbyshire on 08456 058058 quoting Job Reference DCC/18/8403A.