Woodbridge Junior School is a very successful junior school with an unshakeable ethos and commitment to keeping the child at the heart of everything we do. The school is popular and is now oversubscribed. Woodbridge is the epitome of an inclusive school with a focus on working closely with the whole family to increase opportunities and outcomes for our pupils. We are proud to be rated good by Ofsted with outstanding provision for personal development, welfare and behaviour. We now need an inspirational and innovative Headteacher to lead us on the next stage of our journey to outstanding overall.
Governors are looking for a Headteacher who will continue to develop all aspects of the school including teaching and learning, governance, pupil outcomes and staff performance, whilst ensuring that the school remains inclusive and supportive of all members of its community.
It is essential that the Headteacher is a role model, whose ability and passionate approach to headship inspires, motivates and develops a very able and committed staff team.
The ideal candidate will:
- be an inspirational leader, manager and team player, able to develop and articulate a clear vision for the future of the school;
- inspire all members of the school community to flourish in their roles ensuring that Woodbridge continues to be fully inclusive for all learners;
- be approachable, reflective, forward thinking, have high expectations and the ability to ensure positive outcomes for our children;
- have the ability to develop strong relationships with parents, governors, external agencies and build on our history of collaborative working;
- have a record of successfully implementing initiatives to raise standards;
- have experience of analysing and using school performance data to inform targeted interventions;
- have the ability to understand the importance of school self-evaluation and current Ofsted inspection process;
- demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- have had recent successful experience as Headteacher or Deputy Headteacher.
Our school has:
- a very able, enthusiastic and committed staff, who put the needs of the child at the centre of everything they do;
- children with a passion for learning and a great attitude towards all that they do;
- a well-resourced learning environment;
- a stable and experienced Governing Body, who have a high regard for the school and are supportive of the continuing CPD of the Headteacher.
We would urge candidates to visit the School prior to making an application so that we can answer questions you may have. If you would like further information or to arrange a school visit, please telephone School Business Manager Mary Kerry on: 01773 833138.
Please also visit our website:www.woodbridge.derbyshire.sch.uk
Committed to safeguarding the welfare of our children
Closing date:4 March 2018
Interviews:22-23 March 2018
Further details and an application pack are available online at www.derbyshire.gov.uk/jobs or Call Derbyshire on 08456 058058 quoting Job Reference DCC/18/8572A.
Woodbridge Junior School