St Catherine’s Catholic Primary School, Bridport
Plymouth CAST a Multi-Academy Trust of 36 Catholic Schools in the Plymouth Diocese, is seeking to appoint a Headteacher for St Catherine's, Bridport.
St Catherine’s, which was recently judged by Ofsted to require improvement for a second time, needs a dynamic Headteacher to ensure this school achieves it's full potential. The staff team, most of whom have significant experience, have the skills to make the necessary changes. This one form entry school is in the coastal town of Bridport, and is central to the parish and local community.
The successful candidate is:
● A practising Catholic with a strong understanding of the structures and values of the Catholic Church.
● Has an ability to lead school-wide improvement initiatives that have a demonstrable impact on pupil attainment.
● Has made a significant impact in teaching and learning outcomes.
● Passionately committed to safeguarding and the welfare and wellbeing of children and young people.
● Committed to meeting the learning and pastoral needs of all pupils at the school
● Can manage the school’s financial and human resources effectively and efficiently to achieve the school’s educational goals and priorities.
● Resilient and positive, responding to the current challenges in education.
● Able to work as part of a team and establish positive relationships with pupils, parents, governors and staff
● Committed to working as part of a family of schools within the Trust
Required: January 2020
Visits to the school are encouraged. To arrange a visit, please contact Trudi Sherrin, Senior Administrator by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the school on 01308 423568.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS Disclosure is required for this post.
Closing Date for applications: Monday 16th September 2019 at Midday
Interview dates: 23rd and 24th September 2019