Wyvern Academy is a specialist purpose-built school in Weymouth for children and young people aged from 2 to 19 years who have severe, profound and complex needs, including Autism.
Our school is one of four educational establishments situated on an educational campus close to the stunning Jurassic Coast, a place of renowned natural beauty in the county of Dorset. We are a unique and exceptional single academy trust catering for early years, primary, secondary and sixth form. We have a large staff team of highly skilled, dedicated and experienced staff.
Due to the pending retirement of our highly respected Headteacher, the board of trustees are seeking to appoint a dedicated and inspirational leader who will work in partnership with staff, trustees, parents and professionals to strive for the very best in meeting the needs of the children and young people served by Wyvern.
Judged by Ofsted as Good in 2019, Wyvern requires a leader with a strong creative vision on how to build on the hard work and legacy of recent years. You will need to work closely with and lead a highly committed team of educational and therapeutic colleagues into the next outstanding phase for the school.
The successful candidate will:
- be dynamic in their vision for special education;
- be an outstanding special school practitioner who will ensure that children are at the heart of learning, enabling them to achieve their full potential;
- have a strong commitment and dedication to the principles of inclusive practice;
- be an experienced leader, with excellent communication, interpersonal and team-building skills;
- have extensive experience of leading school improvement at a senior level;
- be committed to the development of a progressive and high-quality curriculum and demand ambitious standards in all aspects of school life;
- have the ability to motivate, inspire and engage with all members of the school and wider community.
For more information please visit our website www.wyvernacademy.co.uk
Preliminary visits are strongly recommended. Please contact the Headteacher Bruce Douglas for a confidential discussion in the first instance.
Closing date: 3 February 2021
Wyvern Academy values the diversity of our workforce and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community.
Wyvern Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people; this is a commitment which we expect all staff and volunteers to share. The successful candidate will be required to have a Disclosure and Barring Service check in line with the Governments safer recruitment guidelines.
- Special needs with state - academy funding
- Students of mixed gender, age 2 - 19 years