The Governors of Wolsingham School seek to appoint an inspirational Headteacher with the drive, determination and vision to ensure every student at Wolsingham School is ready to face the challenges of life when they leave our care.
Located at the heart of Weardale, an area of outstanding natural beauty, Wolsingham School is approximately 20 minutes drive west of Durham. The school is set in extensive grounds and has benefited from a new building linked by a glass atrium to the refurbished Grammar School to form a unique and integrated learning environment.
Wolsingham School is one of the top five performing secondary schools in County Durham. Our numbers have increased in Years 7 and 8, this is set to continue in September 2018 with another strong 5 form entry. We pride ourselves on high academic standards as well as a tradition of pastoral care.
What we’re looking for
- An outstanding, inspirational and visible leader – one who actively seeks out and values the opinions of staff, students, parents and the local community.
- A qualified teacher, with the credibility, resilience and determination to lead a school with a clear vision and focus.
- A strong track record of improving educational standards and achievement.
- Someone capable of leading and supporting other leaders in the community and of promoting a school positively in its local community.
- A sound understanding of school finances and the willingness to take tough decisions when necessary, in the best interests of students.
- An outward-facing and open-minded leader who is able to recognise and build on a school’s strengths while driving continuous improvement.
- Someone with experience as a senior leader.
What we can offer
- A welcoming community of students, staff and parents.
- A committed and supportive Governing Body.
- A superb working environment in our new school.
- A beautiful locality in which to live.
- A strong senior leadership team.
We encourage you to visit Wolsingham School, to arrange a visit please contact Mrs Gillian Norbury, PA to the Headteacher on 01388 527302 / email email@example.com
Application forms and an information pack are available from and returnable to The Corporate Director of Children and Young People’s Services, c/o the School and Governor Support Service, Children and Young People’s Services, County Hall, Durham. DH1 5UJ, on receipt of a large s.a.e. or email SGSS.Administration@durham.gov.uk
Closing date: Monday 23 April 2018 at 12pm noon
Shortlist: Thursday 26 April 2018
Interviews: Friday 4 May 2018
Durham County Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We want to develop a more diverse workforce and we positively welcome applicants from all sections of the community.
Applicants with disabilities will be invited for interview if the essential job criteria are met.
The Governing Body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory DBS Disclosure form.
Please note that the Childcare Disqualifications Regulations 2009 apply to this position and therefore you are required to complete the ‘Disqualification by Association’ declaration form. Should you be successful in your application for this post, your appointment can not be progressed without this declaration.
THE POST IS NOT OPEN TO JOB SHARE
Corporate Director of Children and Young People’s Services