Following the promotion to a larger school of our outstanding and popular Headteacher, the community of Hellingly School is seeking a dynamic and forward looking new Headteacher who is ambitious for our pupils, our staff and our school community and who can continue to lead us from good to outstanding. The appointment will be from 01 September 2019.
Hellingly School is a popular, one form entry school with an additional bulge class currently in Year 4. We are located in a small rural parish to the north of Hailsham and we draw many of our pupils from the town as well as from Hellingly itself. There is significant new housing development both planned and under construction in Hellingly and North Hailsham. The school is currently full with 240 children on roll.
Our mission statement is ‘Reach for the Stars’ and we achieve this through our three core values of Respect, Achieve and Persevere - we RAP! All our children know that they are valued and will be encouraged and expected to fulfil all their talents. We are proud that our June 2016 Ofsted report described Hellingly as a good school with outstanding leadership and management and outstanding promotion of pupils’ personal development and welfare.
This is a great opportunity for an excellent, innovative and ambitious leader with a strong track record of success in teaching, curriculum development and school leadership, a person who will continue to inspire our children and staff to Reach for the Stars.
We are looking for:
- A leader with a clear vision for the future development of the school and the skills to lead, motivate and inspire pupils, staff, parents and governors to build further sustainable success.
- A strategic thinker who is able to further develop and lead the longer term vision for the school and who can demonstrate a positive understanding of the opportunities and challenges of partnership working.
- A professional thinker with a strong track record of leading and developing outstanding teaching and learning, promoting and achieving the best possible outcomes for all.
- A team leader who through support, enthusiasm and personal example can motivate all staff to aspire to outstanding practice and personal development in a school where staff feel valued and understand that they are accountable.
- A person with a sound understanding of strategic financial planning for schools.
Above all, we are seeking an individual with the experience, resilience and personal warmth to inspire the school to complete its journey from good to outstanding. If you believe you can be that person we would warmly encourage you to visit our school, when we would aim to inspire you to apply to be our new Headteacher. Please arrange a visit by contacting the School Secretary, Mrs Denise Boorman by email at email@example.com or by telephone on 01323 844346.
If you would like an informal conversation with one of our Co-Chairs of Governors, please email our Clerk to the Governors at firstname.lastname@example.org who can arrange this.
A recruitment pack is available from Leadership.Recruitment@eastsussex.gov.uk.
The closing date for applications is 12:00 noon on Monday 25 March 2019
Interviews will take place on Thursday 4 and Friday 5 April 2019.
We very much look forward to receiving your application.
This post is covered by the Childcare Disqualification Regulations 2018.
The school will need to ensure that they are not knowingly employing a person who is disqualified under the 2018 Regulations in connection with relevant childcare provision. Accordingly, the successful candidate will be required to demonstrate to the school, by completing a self-declaration form as part of the pre-employment checks process, that they have not been disqualified under the 2018 Regulations.
If the preferred candidate is found to be disqualified under the 2018 Regulations, the offer of employment will be subject to the application by the preferred candidate to Ofsted for a waiver and the receipt of a waiver from Ofsted.