The Governors, staff and pupils of St. White’s School are seeking a dynamic, enthusiastic and vibrant Head Teacher with the courage and ambition to rise to the challenge of ensuring the school becomes a beacon of excellence. We will be looking for someone who will build on the work which has already been done and lead us through this exciting time and beyond.
St. White’s is the largest primary school in the Forest of Dean and has 302 children on roll, organised into 12 classes, several of which contain mixed year groups.
We need someone who:
- Is a committed, forward-looking and proven leader - with an excellent grasp of the curriculum provision, the use of data to raise standards and experience of leading school improvement
- Is inspirational, enthusiastic and vibrant - someone who will want to get to know the pupils, parents and wider community
- Can demonstrate that they are an outstanding classroom teacher with experience of children’s learning across the primary phases
- Has proven management skills and strong analytical ability
- Is resilient and calm under pressure while retaining an air of authority
- Can demonstrate good humour, adaptability and empathy.
What we have to offer:
- A fantastic opportunity to work in a state-of-the-art new school building
- A popular school with well-behaved, enthusiastic children, supportive parents, committed, knowledgeable and motivated staff, a highly committed governing body and an active, supportive PTA
- The opportunity to work in the heart of the Forest of Dean with all it has to offer - stunning views, industrial and architectural heritage and a wide range of outdoor activities.
For further information about the post, or the school, please contact the Chair of Governors by email: email@example.com
Application packs are available from: Miss Wendy Gallagher, Governor Services Officer, Gloucestershire County Council - Tel. 01452 427802 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Wednesday 23rd January 2019
Interviews: Tuesday 12th & Wednesday 13th February 2019
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff, and volunteers, to share the same commitment. This position is subject to an enhanced DBS check and appropriate vetting. References will be requested in support of candidates called for interview.