Due to the upcoming retirement of our highly-regarded and well respected Head of Federation, the children, staff and Governors are seeking to appoint a Head Teacher at St Hubert's RC Primary School, whilst at the same time looking to appoint to the same position at our Federated partner school, St Wulstan's RC Primary School.
Rated 'Good' by Ofsted in 2015, our 2016 Section 48 Inspection stated that 'St Hubert's is an outstanding school with a strong Catholic ethos. It is a happy school where pupils enjoy learning and parents are supportive.'
This is an exciting opportunity for a strong, dynamic and forward thinking leader to take our school forward and we are looking to appoint a candidate who:
- is a practising Catholic with strong faith and a deep commitment to Catholic education
- can prove and demonstrate a record of successful leadership
- has the ability to manage change and developments within our school community and Federation
- has a clear vision for continuous school improvement
- will strive to inspire, motivate and empower staff to continue our progress towards outstanding teaching and learning
- has excellent inter-personal skills, and a commitment to working with the school community and to maintaining and developing a partnership with St Wulstan's RC Primary School
- will recognise and celebrate the individuality of children and staff in their spiritual and academic lifelong learning journey, by encouraging a caring and nurturing environment to help them reach their maximum potential.
In return, we can offer:
- a vibrant school community with happy, balanced and motivated pupils who are proud of their school and are eager to learn
- a hard-working, experienced and supportive staff and Governing Body, committed to school improvement
- an active and engaged family and Parish community - a safe, secure and positive school environment
- excellent links with the Diocese and other Catholic schools -
a commitment to continued professional development for all staff.
The post you are applying for is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2013). If successful you will be required to apply to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) for a 'disclosure'.
Lancashire County Council has a Policy Statement on the Recruitment of Ex-offenders this is available to all applicants upon request.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed - please contact the school bursar on 01254 885778 to make an appointment.
Interview date: 23/24 April 2018.
Application forms can be downloaded online or can be requested from/returned to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure you use the Blackburn Diocese application form. Rehabilitation of offenders Act 1974 - details of any criminal record spent or unspent should be sent to the chair of governors at school address by the closing date.
Closing date: 16 March 2018 at 12 noon.