A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an inspiring and committed individual with the vision to lead Belmont Infant school along its continuing journey of success and achievement.
We are an inclusive and caring school, with families from communities rich in cultural, ethnic, religious, linguistic and social diversity. We are passionate about early years’ provision and believe that early learning is crucial for a child’s future education. Our new Headteacher will lead an enthusiastic and hard working team, who are open to new and creative ideas and who believe in the potential of every child in their care.
Belmont Infant School is a two form entry community school situated in the centre of Haringey. We have an Early Childhood Unit which comprises a Nursery and two Reception classes within 3 classrooms with a separate outdoor play area. We have plenty of green space and play areas for all our children to enjoy. We share our site with Belmont Junior school and the two schools work closely together. We are also privileged to be in partnership with the Vale Special School to provide a highly successful inclusion programme for children with physical disabilities.
We are looking for a leader who:
- Can support, motivate and inspire staff and can communicate a clear vision and direction for the school;
- Will help children enjoy their learning while realising their full potential;
- Is committed to excellence in teaching and learning;
- Has a commitment to inclusivity and a passion for raising standards;
- Combines strong leadership with the need to maintain a warm and friendly environment at the school;
- Can work well in partnership with parents, governors, the wider community and local schools; and
- Will provide a safe and caring environment following the school’s ethos and safeguarding policy.
We can offer:
- A commitment to your continued professional development;
- A welcoming and positive school with happy and enthusiastic young learners ;
- Enthusiastic and dedicated staff with supportive parents;
- An attractive school building in a pleasant and quiet environment adjacent to the Belmont recreation ground, and
- A committed, knowledgeable and supportive governing body.
Please contact Jean Schembri firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack and to arrange a visit.
Belmont Infant School
London N22 6RA
Tel; 0208 8887140
Application Closing Date 5th March 2018
Interview Date Week beginning 12th March 2018
Belmont Infant school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The position is subject to a full enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
Enhanced Level DBS Disclosure is required for appointment to this post.
The school is committed to directly recruiting staff and will not accept applications nor services from agency suppliers in respect of our vacancy.
We are committed to meeting the needs of our diverse community and aim to have a workforce reflecting this diversity. We are also committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.