Greenfields is a school where you can make an impact.
Greenfields is a state maintained primary school in the South Oxhey area of Hertfordshire where you can make an impact.
With single form entry our school enjoys a warm, family atmosphere and provides an outstanding opportunity for a leader who is inspiring, innovative and forward thinking, and ready for the next step in their career. Whilst we have many strengths, there are improvements to be made and the Governors are seeking the right person to drive these improvements whilst maintaining our current ethos and vision.
This vacancy has arisen following the recent retirement of our Headteacher after 14 years. Our new Head will be leading an enthusiastic and hardworking team, who are proud of their school and its most recent SATS results, but who are open to new and creative ideas to drive continuous improvement. You will have high expectations and a vision for creating a rich and stimulating environment where our children can continue to flourish and succeed. As well as ensuring our children make excellent progress and strive for the highest of standards, we value all aspects of a child’s development, equipping them with the life skills to continue learning, achieving and succeeding.
You will bring:
- An ability to support, motivate and inspire staff and to communicate a clear vision and direction for the school.
- An ability to bring about the required changes to make an impact on teaching and learning whilst being able to nurture the many strengths of the school.
- A style of leadership that will relish turning challenging situations into positive outcomes and take robust decisions in the best interests of our pupils.
- A commitment to inclusivity and a passion for raising standards.
- The energy and creativity to drive innovation at the same time as maintaining existing practices that are working effectively.
We can offer:
- A welcoming and positive school with children who are ready and willing to learn.
- A strong leadership team, hardworking staff and a supportive group of Governors and parents.
- A rich learning and support network of primary schools within the South Oxhey consortium, and links with local independent primary and secondary schools
- A protected 5 acre site with excellent outdoor grounds and facilities
- A wealth of training and development opportunities with Herts for Learning including a new Headteacher induction programme.
- A fantastic opportunity for an aspiring or existing leader who is well equipped to bring about the required changes to make a positive impact on teaching and learning.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and encouraged. To arrange a visit or if you would like an informal conversation about the post please contact our Chair of Governors, David Ray to arrange: David.Ray@greenfields.herts.sch.uk
Contact information over the holidays: As the school is on holiday, any initial enquiries will be handled by the Chair of Governors.
Important dates to be aware of:
Closing date: Monday 24th September 9am
Shortlisting: Tuesday 25th September
Interviews: Wednesday 3rd October
To apply please visit https://www.teachinherts.com/find-a-job/view,headteacher_49268.htm?preview=81d8ffd969eda4c524c91bbd2ffed724 to download and complete the attached application form. The latest version of Adobe Acrobat will be required to download and edit the form. If you experience technical difficulties please telephone 01438 845111 Option 1 then Option 6 for Teach in Herts.
Please be advised that CVs will not be accepted.
Greenfields Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and visitors to share this commitment. This post will require an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check (DBS).