A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an inspiring, resilient, and committed Headteacher to lead our happy and caring school along its continuing journey of success and achievement. Chater Junior School, situated in an urban area of West Watford, serves a multi-ethnic community. We are looking for a forward thinking individual who holds and articulates clear values of inclusion and equality, providing the very best education for our diverse range of pupils.
You will facilitate ambitious standards for all pupils, overcoming disadvantage, advancing equality with equity, and instilling a strong sense of accountability in staff for the impact of their work on their pupils’ outcomes.
Our new Headteacher will be leading an enthusiastic and hardworking team, who are proud of their cosmopolitan school and who believe in the potential of every child in their care. We have an ethos of inclusion, respect and aspiration and wish to maintain our reputation for achieving high standards through providing a broad based curriculum so children will become lifelong learners and responsible members of the community.
You will be:
- An innovative and dynamic leader with the ability to motivate and inspire others with clear and decisive leadership.
- Good at building rapport with children, parents, staff and governors to create an inclusive and aspirational learning culture for all.
- An outstanding communicator with a proven ability to work with all stakeholders.
- Forward thinking and flexible to adapt to the changing educational landscape.
- Ambitious for the school, its values and able to maintain our outstanding judgement.
- Passionate about developing the full potential of every child, building on the schools existing caring and nurturing ethos with the welfare of the children and staff at the heart of everything we do.
We can offer:
A welcoming and positive school with children who are respectful and willing to learn.
A dedicated, talented and hard-working staff who are highly motivated to provide our children with stimulating, challenging and memorable learning experiences.
A commitment to your continued professional development.
A strong leadership team.
A supportive group of governors.
Our school was judged as “outstanding” by Ofsted in June 2013.Please view our most recent Ofsted report and come and visit the school. We will be delighted to meet you, to show you around and to answer any questions that you may have. We strongly encourage interested applicants to come and visit our school. Please make an appointment by contacting the school office on email@example.com or ring 01923 446686.
To apply please send your completed application form (CVs will not be considered) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please visit https://www.teachinherts.com/find-a-job/view,headteacher_55859.htm
If you are downloading the application form please ensure your computer has the latest version of Adobe Acrobat.
Please be advised of the following important dates:
Closing date: Thursday, 17th October, 9am
Shortlisting: Tuesday 22nd October
Interview: Monday 4th November, 2019
Chater Junior School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and visitors to share this commitment. This post will require an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check (DBS)