Following the retirement of our current Headteacher after 19 years of successful leadership, a wonderful opportunity has arisen to lead Arnett Hills JMI School along its continuing journey of success and achievement. Situated in Rickmansworth, West Hertfordshire, 5 minutes off J18 and the M25, Arnett Hills serves a diverse and multi-ethnic community and is easily accessible to both London and Buckinghamshire. We are seeking an approachable and forward thinking Headteacher who holds and articulates clear values of inclusion and equality, and will continue to work in collaboration with our enthusiastic and hardworking staff team. You will facilitate high aspirations for all pupils, overcoming disadvantage, advancing equality with equity, and strive for successful outcomes so that ‘every child is a success story: safe, happy and learning.’ Our new Headteacher will be:
- An innovative and visible leader with the proven ability to communicate and work effectively with all stakeholders creating a mutual trust and respect for everyone in our school community.
- Ambitious for our school and its values with the ability to maintain our strong reputation for catering for our diverse range of children including SEN and EAL.
- Forward thinking and flexible to adapt to the changing educational landscape.
- Passionate about developing the full potential of every child and building on the schools existing caring and inclusive ethos so that our children look back on their days at Arnett Hills with love, affection and happy memories.
We can offer:
- A welcoming and positive school with children who are respectful and willing to learn.
- A dedicated and hard-working staff team who are motivated to provide our children with fun, stimulating and memorable learning experiences.
- Wonderful indoor and outdoor facilities and outside space including a wildwood den, orienteering course, outdoor apparatus, large field and much more, providing thriving learning experiences and a vast variety of Club and afterschool activities for all.
- A strong and supportive PTA who have provided numerous resources to enable enriching curriculum and extracurricular experiences for our children.
- An experienced and supportive group of governors.
- A commitment to your continued professional development and wellbeing.
We welcome interested applicants to come and visit our school.
To arrange a visit to the school, please contact the school office to arrange on 01923 720507.
If you wish to discuss the role please contact Ash Patil, Chair of Governors, firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a time.
Arnett Hills JMI School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and visitors to share this commitment. This post will require an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check (DBS)
Please be advised of the following important dates:
Closing date: Monday 12th April 2021, 09:00am.
Shortlisting: Tuesday 13th April 2021
Interview: Thursday 22nd April (remote / onsite)
Arnett Hills is a thriving and successful school located near Chorleywood, Rickmansworth, Croxley Green and Mill End. The school had a successful Ofsted inspection (February 2016) in which it was judged to be "Good" in all categories. The school has delightful children and a very dedicated, friendly team of staff. The school works in partnership with an active governing body and supportive parents. Our hardworking PTA contribute greatly to providing experiences and resources for children. We are committed to the safeguarding of all children and expect all employees to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to pre-employment checks including satisfactory Disclosure and Barring checks (DBS).
For more information and to apply online : https://www.teachinherts.com/find-a-job/view,headteacher_62865.htm
Arnett Hills JMI School
- Mainstream school with state - community funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 4 - 11 years