Headteacher: Greenmount Community Primary School
Greenmount Community Primary School is a “Good” school (Ofsted 2016) located in Ryde, the largest town on the Isle of Wight. Greenmount is a two-form entry school with 411 pupils on roll a governor led pre-school and a resourced provision for pupils with ASD. Both Ryde and the school benefit from close proximity to the mainland, just twenty minutes away by ferries or hovercraft, while benefiting from the manifest advantages of Island life.
Our highly respected Headteacher is retiring in August 2019 after 20 years, creating the opportunity for a proven school leader to make their own mark in a characterful and inclusive environment where children’s learning is central to a broad and balanced curriculum. This will be a significant period of change for the school, which will coincide with an exciting refurbishment of the main school building.
The governing body look forward to appointing a Headteacher who:
- Has experience as an effective leader at a senior level in a primary setting;
- Is a motivational and dynamic leader, who can guide and challenge staff to enhance their teaching and professional development;
- Is a skilled communicator, able to effectively share their vision for the school with children, parents & carers, governors and the wider community;
- Is ambitious for the school, will value pupils as individuals and will take pride in their achievements; and
- Has a clear vision of how their leadership will positively impact the education of all the children that will be in their care.
In return, Greenmount offers:
- A dedicated staff and a supportive, challenging governing body who are passionate about delivering the best outcomes for each and every pupil.
- An energetic & hardworking school community who make a significant contribution to the fabric of school life.
- A strong and focused senior leadership team.
- A happy student body that is excited to learn in a stimulating, caring and safe environment.
If you think that this opportunity represents a challenge that you’d like to pursue, then we look forward to receiving your application and hearing how you can lead Greenmount in promoting success, wonder and well-being in our children.
Appointments to view the school on either Wednesday the 13th or Tuesday the 26th of February can be arranged by contacting the School Business Manager, Mrs Mandy Parry, on 01983 562165 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional information about the school can be found on our website, which can be found at www.greenmount.iow.sch.uk.
Please return your completed application to Education Personnel Services at email@example.com by noon on the 25th of February 2019.
Interview dates: 14/03/2019 and 15/03/2019