Job Reference Number: ED 17400
Are you an inspirational leader with high expectations, who fosters a love of learning and is committed to ensuring all pupils achieve to their full potential?
Helme C of E (VA) Junior and Infant school is a small, primary school in an idyllic setting overlooking the foothills of the Pennines. Our children say that 'Helme is a small school that makes us feel big'.
Following an Ofsted inspection in January 2017, the school was judged as requiring Special Measures and is currently awaiting academy sponsorship via the Regional School Commissioner. The OFSTED report praised the school for the behaviour of pupils, its excellent attendance record and its strong safeguarding culture. The Board of Governors is now seeking a strong leader for the school, to drive forward rapid improvements in attainment and progress, whilst providing a solid foundation for children’s learning and confidence through a broad and balanced curriculum.
An interim Head Teacher was seconded to the school in April 2017 and he continues to drive forward the School improvement priorities.
We are looking to appoint a Head Teacher who will:
- Demonstrate positive, strong, committed leadership with the ability to motivate and inspire confidence in others
- Provide clear strategic direction and develop a brighter vision for the future of our school
- Work with all stakeholders and partners to rapidly improve outcomes across the school
- Further strengthen links with parents, governors and the community
- Promote, develop and enhance the Christian character of the school
- Celebrate and develop the achievements of pupils and staff
- Demonstrate a commitment to a model of distributed leadership
- Pursue excellence and build a dynamic, creative and innovative learning community
- Develop a strong commitment to social inclusion and provide inspiration to pupils and families.
In return we can offer:
Governors are seeking an ambitious candidate with outstanding professional leadership skills. The successful candidate will be fully committed to providing the best education possible for all pupils within a culture of continuous improvement. They will be committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and staff through working closely with relevant agencies.
The school currently has VA status but is due to become part of a Multi Academy Trust in the near future and the successful candidate will be expected to help facilitate the smooth transition to academisation.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff are subject to an enhanced DBS check. A conviction may not exclude candidates from appointment but will be considered as part of the recruitment process.
If you require further information about the role, please contact the school on telephone: 01484 854524 or you can visit the school website at http://helmeschool.com/.
To apply for this job, please download and complete the application form attached. A CV is not required.
Application forms should be returned to the Headteacher at the school either by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to the school address at the top of the page, by Friday 15th September 2017.
Helme Church of England Voluntary Aided Junior and Infant School, Helme Lane, Meltham, Holmfirth, HD9 5RW