In preparation for the retirement of our respected and long serving Headteacher, the Governing Body, staff and children are seeking to appoint an inspirational and outstanding leader with the vision and energy to build on our successes and achievements and to further develop our school.
About Our School
Westgate Primary School is a purpose-built primary school, which opened in September 1991, serving the Westgate area of Morecambe, Lancashire. The school is a three-form entry primary school with twenty-one classrooms and is designed for 630 children. Currently, the school has approximately 600 pupils arranged in three classes from Reception to Year 6.
We are looking for a leader who will:
- Demonstrate a commitment to the highest standards of teaching and learning and shows great enthusiasm for embedding these in every stage of a child's journey throughout our school.
- Be an advocate for maintaining excellent relationships with governors, parents, pupils, staff and the wider community to ensure the best possible outcomes for our children.
- Promote the development of our already broad and balanced curriculum through awareness of new initiatives.
- Drive forward a culture of continuous improvement across the whole school.
- Show a caring and considerate attitude towards each individual child.
- Have high expectations of themselves and others and lead the school’s professional learning team with enthusiasm.
What we will offer:
- A great opportunity to lead a dynamic, diverse and large primary school.
- Pupils with positive attitudes to learning, who are hardworking, caring and proud to attend their school.
- The support of a dedicated and caring Governing Body who are committed to delivering the very best for pupils.
- Talented and dedicated staff who are passionate about pupils' progress, development and well-being.
- A well-planned and maintained building with extensive grounds.
- The chance to make a difference to children and the local area.
How to Apply:
A job description, person specification, information pack, letter from the Chair of Governors and application form can be downloaded from our school website www.westgatesch.com/vacancies/
Please email your completed application form and accompanying letter to email@example.com or via post to Mr S Bond, Westgate Primary School, Langridge Way, Morecambe, Lancashire, LA4 4XF. CVs will not be accepted.
There will be an opportunity to visit the School during the period 4th February - 15th February. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange.
Closing date: Friday 22nd February 2019 at 4:00pm
Interview dates: Tuesday 26th and Wednesday 27th March 2019
Westgate Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and external agencies to share this commitment. Successful candidates will be asked to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Westgate Primary School
Tel: 01524 832747