To help us fulfil our mission statement:
'What you are is God's gift to you. What you become is your gift to God'
The Governors, staff and children of our popular and highly regarded school are seeking to appoint a dynamic and an inspirational headteacher with effect from January 2020. The person appointed will need to be a practicing Christian who is willing and able to sustain and develop the Christian character of this Church school. They will need to be totally committed, highly motivated, and passionate and will lead our dedicated staff team towards becoming an outstanding school.
Our school is rated as OUTSTANDING in all areas by SIAMS (May 2018). The inspector said:
`Relationships between all members of the school community are firmly rooted in its Christian distinctiveness and lead to the exemplary behaviour of its pupils'
`The happiness and well-being of pupils is paramount. This is demonstrated through the school's extensive focus on nurture and care. As a result, all groups of pupils have excellent attitudes to learning'
Our school is currently rated by Ofsted as GOOD, but has several outstanding features, as recently identified by OFSTED in October 2017. The inspector said:
`Pupils are happy in this caring school. They live by the school's values, which ensure that all are welcome, catered for, prayed for and respected'
This is a great opportunity for a strong and effective leader to make a significant impact and contribute at a school which places its children at the centre of all it does.
In our welcoming and happy school, we are searching for a headteacher who:
- Will inspire and motivate our staff and pupils while making them feel valued and supported
- Will maintain the caring, respectful and inclusive ethos of the school
- Holds high expectations of children's achievement and behaviour
- Has a proven track record in raising standards and improving outcomes for children
- Will continue to build our school culture and curriculum based on gospel values, which takes account of the richness and diversity of the school community
We can offer you:
- A professional career opportunity to lead a highly successful and thriving school
- A chance to innovate, initiate new thinking and introduce new ways of working
- Enthusiastic and dedicated staff who are committed to developing the unique potential of each and every pupil
- Happy and resilient pupils, who are positive about learning
- Supportive colleagues, parents, Governors and Church community
- 'A warm and friendly school community to be part of' (parent)
- `A school where teachers and parents are working together to build confident children, who want to learn and always ask 'why'' (parent)
- `An amazing school with a warm and friendly feel to it where every child matters and is treated individually. A school that lives and breathes its values and this comes across in everything my children do.' (parent)
- `A school with wonderful teachers' (Y3 child)
- A school where `we do active sports which helps us have a healthy lifestyle'. (Y6 child)
- A school where `we don't have to keep anything to ourselves, we can trust everyone'. (Y6 child)
- A school where `we all fit in'. (Y2 child)
The children have been thinking about their own criteria for their new headteacher. Here are some of their thoughts.
- We would like someone who is a friendly person with a great personality.
- Our new headteacher needs to laugh with us, they need a great sense of humour!
- Someone who puts others before themselves.
- It would be great if they were sporty and musical (if possible!)
- We've got a busy school community full of great people ' so our new headteacher needs to be confident in front of big crowds.
- Someone with a great smile!
We would warmly encourage prospective candidates to visit our school to meet pupils and staff at work and to ask any questions. Please contact the school office on 01772 812630 to arrange a convenient date and time.
The post you are applying for is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2013). If successful you will be required to apply to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) for a 'disclosure'.
Interview date: 26 September 2019
Application forms can be downloaded online or can be requested from/returned to: email@example.com. Please ensure that you use the Blackburn Diocese application form. Rehabilitation of offenders Act 1974 - details of any criminal record spent or unspent should be sent to the chair of governors at school address by the closing date.
Closing date: 9 September 2019.