Grade Leadership pay scale L13-L20
Term Full time.
Perm / Temp Permanent
Required Easter 2022 onwards
Closing Date Friday 24th September at midday
Location LEYLAND ST JAMES CHURCH OF ENGLAND PRIMARY SCHOOL
Slater Lane, Leyland, Preston, Lancashire, PR26 7SH
Tel: 01772 422572
A Christian Family where all are valued, children achieve and the future begins.
Our mission is to serve the community through serving our children. Every child is welcomed regardless of need for ‘who so ever welcomes one such child in my name welcomes me’ (Matthew 18.5). Everyone is valued; everyone has worth. We ensure that every child develops within God’s love.
St. James' CE (Aided) Primary School is a school with a distinctly Christian, nurturing, highly inclusive and creative learning environment that was judged as excellent in its most recent SIAMS. Governors wish to appoint a new Headteacher to lead our talented and committed team.
The successful candidate will be:
• A practicing and committed Christian;
• Committed to developing the Christian distinctiveness of the school;
• Able to develop and communicate a clear and distinct Christian vision which enables all stakeholders to flourish;
• A highly effective and knowledgeable primary practitioner with a proven record in leading teaching and learning and securing excellent outcomes for pupils;
• An analytical thinker able to assess and monitor outcomes and implement change as required;
• An approachable, collaborative leader with excellent communication skills who can engage positively with children, staff, parents, church, and the local community;
• Committed to leading an inclusive environment which promotes the very best for all our children.
We can offer you:
• Happy, polite, caring and well behaved children who love school and enjoy learning;
• Hardworking, committed and dedicated staff whose aim is to improve outcomes for children;
• A caring, inclusive, Christian ethos where times of prayer and reflection help us live out our Christian values;
• Support for your professional development and well-being;
• A close working partnership between the Church, parents and the local community;
• A governing body, which is fully committed and supportive of continuing to develop the school as an outstanding Christian school.
The St James’ governing body is committed to the school delivering Singapore Maths and Forest School and as such the new Headteacher should share this commitment.
For an informal discussion and tour please contact Mrs. Taylor-Bell (Head Teacher) on 01772 422572
Informal visits or telephone discussion are actively encouraged.
Leyland St. James' CE (Aided) Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. In addition to the usual references, a faith reference will also be required
Please view the person specification and web page before arranging a viewing and applying.
Proposed recruitment dates:
• Visits to the school – Monday 13th September – Thursday 16th September (9.30am – 11.30am or 1.30pm – 3pm)
• Closing date – Friday 24th September 2021 at midday
• Short listing – Wednesday 6th October 2021
• Interview – Thursday 14th and Friday 15th October 2021
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer, welcoming applications from all sections of the community
Application forms and person specifications available from:
School web site www.leyland-st-james.lancs.sch.uk as well as the TES and the Lancashire teaching vacancies website.
Email all applications to: email@example.com
Any questions please contact the Chair of Governors via the firstname.lastname@example.org email
Leyland St James Church Of England Primary School
- Mainstream school with state - voluntary aided funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 5 - 11 years