HEADTEACHER Required for 1 January 2019 (or as soon after as possible)
Due to the retirement of the present Headteacher, the Governors of St Richard’s are seeking to appoint a new Headteacher to continue & further develop the outstanding achievements of this happy and successful school. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced colleague at Deputy Head or serving Headteacher level. You will have a creative vision to build on our success. Your challenge will be to keep us moving forward in the pursuit of excellence.
The Governors are willing to appoint the successful applicant on a starting salary of L29, progressing to L32 to attract the right person to lead this Group 3 school.
We are looking for a strong, dynamic and inspirational leader who:
- is a committed, practising Catholic with a clear vision and strong commitment to Catholic Education;
- has the ability to put the needs of the children first, making them excited about their learning journey and develop their individual talents to the full;
- is a leader who will continue to develop and sustain a culture of challenge, respect and ambition for all in the school;
- will motivate and further develop all colleagues;
- is an excellent communicator and commits to working closely in partnership with parents, the Parish, the Diocese and the wider community.
Our pupils are looking for a headteacher who is:
- strict but always fair
- has a sense of humour and is kind to the children
- a good listener
- proud to lead our school
We can offer:
- a committed and supportive Governing Body
- happy pupils who want to come to school and have high expectations of their own achievements
- staff who are committed to excellence in teaching and learning who strive to ensure that all children achieve their best
- support for your own professional development, alongside support from the Diocese and the Local Authority
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and encouraged and can be arranged by contacting Mrs Marshall at the school.
Closing Date: Friday 28th September at 12noon
Shortlisting: Thursday 4th October at 5.30pm
Interviews: Monday 15th October
Paper applications should be returned to the Chair of Governors, Fr M Dever, St Richard’s Presbytery, Sutcliffe Avenue, Longsight, M12 5TN.
St Richard’s is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Appointment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Certificate.