The children, staff and governors of this friendly, successful LA Maintained primary school are looking to appoint an enthusiastic Headteacher with warmth, drive and passion to continue to build upon the school’s achievements.
We are looking for a permanent Headteacher for September 2018 who possesses:
- Excellent leadership, organisational and management skills
- The ability to build on success and manage change, being committed to a culture of continuous improvement that promotes excellence for staff and children alike, and builds on our current Ofsted rating of ‘Good’, maintained at our inspection in June 2017
- A passion for developing children’s love of learning, for placing the best interests of the children at the heart of all his/her decisions and for celebrating diversity and promoting equality
- Empathy and the ability to lead the school in caring for our children
- Good inter-personal and communication skills with the ability to articulate his/her vision for the school and support positive relationships within school and with the wider community.
We can offer:
- An exciting opportunity to lead and develop our school, encouraging the team to improve and work towards an outstanding school experience for children and staff
- A happy, inclusive school with high expectations for the children’s achievements and behaviour
- Eager, kind, tolerant and caring children who enjoy their school experience
- An enthusiastic, supportive staff team and governing body
- A commitment to working closely with parents/carers and the wider community
- Support with your continuing professional development
“This school continues to be GOOD.”
“The school is determined that all pupils receive the best possible education.”
“Pupils speak with warmth and enthusiasm about their school.”
- Ofsted June 2017
Our website http://www.milborneport.somerset.sch.uk gives a good introduction to the school. The Information Pack included with this advertisement provides further information, however, we would also encourage applicants to come and visit us.
Please contact the school office on 01963 250366 or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a visit.
We will be happy to welcome you to our school and proud to show you around.
Closing Date: Noon on Monday 19th February 2018
Interview Date: 5th and 6th March 2018
Please send your completed application form and covering letter by email to our Clerk to the Board of Governors, Sara Stephenson, on email@example.com or by post marked Private & Confidential to Mrs S Stephenson, Milborne Port Primary School, Milborne Port, Somerset DT9 5EP. The covering letter shall be limited to two sides of A4 and should outline why you are applying for this post and what you believe you can offer the school. All applications must reach us by the above closure date.
Those invited for interview (subject to references) will be advised by 28th February 2018. All shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews on Monday 5th March 2018 with those making the final stage of the process being invited to also attend on Tuesday 6th March 2018.
The school is committed to equal opportunities and safer recruitment practice. Preemployment checks including a criminal background check via the disclosure procedure will be undertaken before any post is confirmed.
Milborne Port Primary School, Glovers Close, Milborne Port, Somerset, DT9 5EP