Job purpose: To provide professional Leadership and Management of the School that will promote a secure foundation from which to achieve high standards in all areas of the School’s work.
To achieve success, the Headteacher will work with the Directors, Governing Body and other key stakeholders to:
- Provide vision, leadership and direction
- Effectively lead teaching and learning
- Promote excellence, equality and high expectations of all children
- Deploy resources to achieve the School’s aims
- Evaluate School performance and identify priorities for continuous improvement
- Carry out day-to-day management, organisation and administration
- Secure the commitment of the wider community
- Create a safe and productive learning environment that is engaging and fulfilling for all children
The Governors are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and an enhanced disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Rydon Primary School
Newton Abbot, Devon
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 5 - 11 years