As Falcon Junior School enters its 50th year, Governors are looking to appoint only the fourth Head teacher in this time.This opportunity comes at an exciting time. We are a growing school (3rd year of transition from a three-form to a four-form entry) and are looking to build on the strong foundations that have been established in recent years to further our ambition to achieve excellence in all areas. We have a strong commitment to high educational standards with a creative, broad and balanced curriculum, and to maintaining a caring supportive environment in which both pupils and staff can thrive.
We are looking for a special candidate who can lead by example and inspire others to fulfil their potential. They must have a passion for great teaching and a desire to instil this in others. They will nurture and grow all members of the school. They will foster and further develop our relationship with our community and seek to encourage further partnerships and sharing of best practices with other schools. They will build a strong team committed to a life-long learning journey, to achieve continuous learning, development and excellence. The right candidate will share our vision and ambition for the school to go from strength to strength and will have an awareness and interest in external educational environments to enable the school and its pupils to flourish.
We have high standards and are constantly striving for progress and improvement. As a governing body, we always seek to challenge ourselves and to develop the way in which we support, question and encourage the head teacher. We embrace innovation and imaginative thinking to provide our children with a memorable primary school experience.
Our ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- A clear commitment to their own personal development, relevant to school leadership, with the ability to identify their own learning needs.
- An ability to work well under pressure.
- A commitment to staff development and well-being.
- A high level of communication skills, both oral and written.
- The ability to listen to and engage with others who may hold contrary views.
- The ability to anticipate and solve problems.
- The ability to make reasoned decisions.
- A range of personal characteristics (in unranked order)
- Emotional Intelligence
The governing body is committed to finding the right person for our school; length of experience is less important than finding an outstanding teacher with a flair for leadership and the strength to lead the school successfully through the day to day challenges and educational change.
The Board of Governors will provide solid ongoing support and the successful candidate will need to demonstrate a strong commitment to working closely with the governors providing high quality leadership and the best possible education for the children.
In return we offer:
- Enthusiastic and respectful children who feel safe and confident at school and are fully engaged in their learning.
- Excellent and committed staff who work well as a team and have high aspirations for the school.
- A high performing governing body.
- A well connected, caring school community.
- A wide range of extra-curricular clubs designed to enhance and extend our pupils.
- High quality support from VNET (Viscount Nelson Education Network) and Norfolk LA.
- The opportunity for ongoing professional and personal development.
- A wonderful environment in which to teach and learn
- A clear behaviour structure
- A strong Parent Teacher Association with an excellent fundraising record.
- An openness to continue and develop supportive relationships with like-minded schools.
- A strong Ofsted track record, and achieving a good judgement in July 2017
- An attractive, well maintained and stimulating working environment which is conducive to calm, purposeful learning, which motivates and engages all children.
We would encourage interested candidates to visit the school on an informal basis to appreciate the school and it’s potential. To arrange a visit, please contact our Office, Tel 01603 441417 or Email: email@example.com
All candidates will need to be able to communicate effectively in English both orally and in writing in order to undertake the requirements of the role.
How to Apply
Further information and the online application form can be accessed by visiting www.educationjobfinder.org.uk
Closing date: 28 September 2018, 12 noon
Shortlisting date: 2 October 2018
Interview dates: 8 & 9 October 2018
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. To this end, you may be required to undergo pre-employment checks.
This post is likely to come under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulations and the successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration form to establish whether they are disqualified under these regulations.