New Year, New Challenge
Due to the promotion of our Headteacher, the Governors of Fairstead Community Primary & Nursery School are looking for an inspirational, dynamic and passionate Headteacher to join our school. We think this is an excellent opportunity to join a well-managed and highly regarded school, building on existing strengths to raise aspirations, attainment and the life opportunities of our children.
Fairstead Community Primary & Nursery School is one of the few remaining Local Authority community schools in King’s Lynn & West Norfolk. It serves a diverse and socially deprived, former London spill-over estate on the edge of the town and the school community shares many similarities with those based in larger towns and cities across the country.
We are looking for:
The role of Headteacher of Fairstead Community Primary & Nursery School is highly rewarding and challenging in equal in measure and needs an individual who:
- Is an experienced leader/manager who will drive the strategic direction of the School and lead by example.
- Is collaborative and supportive in their style of leadership/management, nurturing and developing excellent teachers and leaders and encouraging greater parental and community involvement in the school.
- Is ambitious and optimistic for the children, wider community and our staff, never afraid to set challenging targets and goals.
- Has an inner-depth and resilience which enables them to deal with an ever-challenging environment in the face of child-welfare issues and support a staff team to always strive for the best outcomes for our pupils.
- Is not afraid to make bold decisions, try new approaches and continue to push the boundaries of achievement for the benefit of the children.
- Is passionate about the well-being and safeguarding of our pupils and puts this at the centre of all decision-making.
What we can offer you:
- A well-managed school.
- A strong, talented senior leadership team.
- A committed team of excellent teachers and support staff.
- Happy children who are motivated to learn.
- An active, enthusiastic and skilled Governing Body.
This is an opportunity to lead a growing school, maintain its good reputation and drive it forward onto the next stage of its development.
Visits to School: Please contact the School Support Manager to arrange a visit at a mutually convenient time.
How to apply
A Recruitment Pack is attached.
To access the online application form, please visit www.educationjobfinder.org.uk
Closing date: 25th February 2019, 4pm
Shortlisting: 26th February 2019
Interview dates: 13th and 14th March 2019
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. To this end, you may be required to undergo pre-employment checks.
This post is likely to come under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulations and the successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration form to establish whether they are disqualified under these regulations.