St Georges Church School and Nursery Headteacher
L13 – L19 (£56,721 - £65,735)
The governors, pupils and staff of St Georges Church School and Nursery are looking to appoint an inspiring leader to take this distinctively Christian school forward. As Headteacher you would be joining a successful school which offers a range of opportunities for an aspiring senior leader. The school has a distinct feeling of a community and a strong drive to reach high levels of attainment.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced, enthusiastic and innovative leader to join the staff in our friendly, inclusive and welcoming school. We are a 'good' school where leaders are ‘passionate about providing a good education and care for all our pupils’. We seek to achieve outstanding status in both Ofsted and SIAMS at the next visit. Our happy children and motivated staff create a welcoming community where learning is fun. Our Christian ethos is at the centre of everything that our school seeks to do and achieve.
We are seeking to appoint a Headteacher for September 1st who will promote a love of learning, continue the development of this very successful forward-looking school and build on its existing good practices and spirit of adventure.
About our school:
- St Georges Church School and Nursery is a Christian learning environment at the heart of its community, which welcomes equally pupils with a Christian faith, pupils with other faiths and pupils with no faith. We strive to achieve academic excellence, while retaining our clear focus on the development of the whole child – socially, emotionally, morally, spiritually, culturally and physically. Our school seeks to inspire, challenge and support everyone to fulfil their individual potential.
- St Georges has 203 pupils (with an additional 38 children in the nursery). It enjoys an excellent reputation in the local community and remains consistently over-subscribed.
- Our school’s ecumenical foundation is supported by the Church of England, the Methodist Church and the Baptist Church, and its Christian vision and values lie at the heart of all that we do.
- We are proud of our school and of the work that has already been done to accelerate learning opportunities. Our leadership team and staff continue to focus on excellent teaching and on creating stimulating learning environments within a culture of high expectations.
We are looking for an inspirational and experienced school leader who:
- Is an exemplary role model with excellent leadership and communication skills, who can inspire, challenge, support and nurture pupils and staff alike, sustaining the high morale that exists within the school, while maintaining and strengthening links with parents, our ecumenical partners and the wider community.
- Is passionate about excellence in teaching and learning, and about enabling every child to flourish and grow to their full potential in all areas.
- Has proven leadership experience at accelerating pupil progress through assessment and intervention and understands how to lead this.
- Will provide spiritual leadership within the school, upholding our distinctive Christian ethos so that it continues to shine through all that we do.
- Can demonstrate the ability to achieve sustainable improvement and will consolidate and build on the progress already made within the school, leading St Georges forward into an outstanding future.
- Has high expectations of pupils, colleagues and themselves.
- Is an excellent classroom practitioner who will lead and develop an ambitious team, and who will achieve with staff the highest standards of aspiration and attainment to create a sense of belonging to all, demonstrating by example.
- Is able to empower and motivate children, staff and parents, being a visible presence in and around the school.
We can offer you:
- A strong school community with a distinctively Christian ethos having a clear focus on children as individuals, united as an inclusive family.
- A vibrant and uplifting school, where pupils, staff and governors enjoy working together and where everyone is encouraged to achieve their individual potential.
- Friendly, happy and enthusiastic pupils who enjoy coming to school, behave well and are eager to learn, and who take pride in their school, their classmates and their teachers.
- An experienced, dedicated staff team, who work energetically to sustain the school improvement journey, embracing new ideas and opportunities to develop their professional skills.
- Excellent relationships between pupils and staff and between staff and governors, based on high levels of mutual respect, care and responsibility.
- An engaged and supportive local governing board, parents and ecumenical partners.
- High-quality accommodation in extensive grounds, creating a stimulating learning environment.
- A commitment to continued professional development for staff at all levels.
- The support of the Bath & Wells Multi Academy Trust, with exciting opportunities for a high level of collaboration and CPD within the North Somerset hub. Schools work together within their hubs for locally identified and driven school improvement and professional development.
Candidates are invited to contact the Regional Director of Learning and Achievement to gain more information about the role and St Georges Church School and Nursery. This can be arranged by appointment only by emailing email@example.com
Benefits of working for the Bath & Wells Multi Academy Trust include: a generous pension scheme, enhanced sickness and parental benefits and a supportive working environment.
The Bath & Wells Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS and all relevant pre-employment checks.
Application forms should be accompanied by a full letter of application and sent via email to Jade Knapman within the central HR team to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 11th April 2021.
Interview dates: Monday 19th April 2021 to be held virtually on Teams online platform.
Tuesday 20th April 2021 to be held at St Georges Church School, Pastures Avenue, St Georges, Weston-super-Mare, North Somerset BS22 7SA.
Only successful candidates from Day 1 (19th April) will attend day 2 (20th April).
St Georges Church School and Nursery
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 11 years