At Alne Primary School our aim is to create an imaginative, inspirational teaching environment where every child is happy at school, enabling them to thrive, grow and achieve. The atmosphere in school is very friendly and welcoming. Our children are confident, communicative, well-mannered and eager to learn. We were rated as Outstanding by Ofsted in 2011.
There is a 0.2 teaching commitment associated with this role.
We are part of the Easingwold Cluster of primary schools and a member of North Star and Polaris Teaching School Alliances. In addition, we are active in the community, participating in numerous events.
Our new Headteacher will:
- Have high expectations for all with a passionate commitment to raising standards within a broad, creative curriculum.
- Be an effective communicator with a demonstrable ability to develop and build partnerships and collaborations that will benefit the children and staff.
- Be a forward-thinker, open to new ideas and initiatives that will enhance the children’s learning.
- Work as part of a team to deliver an outstanding, child-centred learning environment.
- Lead by example with integrity and kindness, staying true to our ethos and values.
- Have the expertise to effectively analyse data and manage the budget.
In return, we can offer you:
- Pupils who are happy, eager to learn and empowered to contribute to all aspects of their education.
- A dedicated, motivated and experienced staff team which is committed to a broad, creative curriculum.
- Children, staff and governors who embrace a growth mindset attitude to learning and are keen to tackle new ideas and challenges.
- A supportive and engaged governing body.
Alne Primary School is situated in Alne, a village between York and Easingwold. We benefit from excellent road links to the A19, A64 and A1/M1 as well as fast, mainline rail routes.
We would encourage you to visit our school in advance of your application and see for yourself the enthusiasm our children have for their education. Such a visit is not part of the selection process, and whether or not applicants have visited will not influence the final outcome. Please call 01347 838427 to make an appointment or email firstname.lastname@example.org. School visits ideally to take place week commencing Monday 5 February.
The governing body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will undertake an enhanced DBS check.
Closing Date: Midnight, Sunday 25 February
Shortlisting: Thursday 1 March
Assessment & Interview: Monday 12 & Tuesday 13 March
For more information and to apply please visit our dedicated website: http://www.nyresourcing.co.uk/alne
When applying please take into account the following:
The supporting information section of your application should clearly evidence your ability to meet the requirements outlined in the person specification. The information in Supporting Information will be used to shortlist applicants for this role and therefore it is imperative you provide evidence as requested.
Please provide two employment references, one of whom should be your current or most recent employer. This post will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
Alne Primary School, Main Street, Alne, York, North Yorkshire, YO61 1RT
Number on Roll: 162