Job title: Headteacher
Location: Coddington C of E (VC) Primary School, Brownlows Hill, Coddington, Newark, Notts NG24 2QA.
Number on roll: 445
Age range: 3 - 11
The governors are seeking to appoint a Head Teacher who has the passion, drive and vision to work with the governing body to take this expanding church school to the next stage of its development. This is an opportunity to strengthen our caring, happy and inclusive school, which has a strong Christian ethos, and lead us forward into a successful future. Coddington Primary School is currently in a two-year collaboration with Christ Church C of E (VA) Infant School with the Head Teacher acting as an Executive Head Teacher over the two schools. The new Head Teacher would be expected to continue in this role until the end of the collaboration in 2019.
As our new Head Teacher, you will:
- be caring, approachable, determined, visionary and strategic
- be confident and empathetic
- be an inspirational leader, team manager and team player
- build on our existing strengths and lead the school to further improve the quality of our provision and maintain our high standard of pastoral care
- maintain our high expectations of achievement and behaviour
- be able to motivate and inspire both staff and pupils
- have the ability to develop strong relationships with staff, pupils, parents, governors, other stakeholders, the parish church and the wider community
- be an excellent classroom practitioner; being able to lead by example, leading the development of all phases within our school
- have a commitment to promoting and developing the Christian ethos and values of our Church of England Primary School
- use and continue to develop our assessment system
- be aware of data trends both in school and nationally
We can offer you:
- positive, well behaved and happy children who enjoy school and are keen to learn
- a committed, caring and talented staff team
- a very supportive team of dedicated governors
- a vibrant, expanding and innovative church school which engages with the whole community
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
We welcome and encourage visits to the school. Please telephone 01636 702974 to make an appointment.
Application forms and further details are available from Anna Dudek, Governor Services, Meadow House, Littleworth, Mansfield, Notts. Telephone number 0115 8042399 or email: Anna.Dudek@nottscc.gov.uk Shortlisting will take place on 23 February 2018. Interviews will take place on 12 and 13 March 2018.