The Governors of this high achieving and highly successful school wish to appoint a Headeacher from 1 September 2018. The Archdiocese of Liverpool judged the school to be ‘Outstanding’ stating, “St Bede’s provides outstanding Catholic education”. Ofsted judged the school to be ‘Good’ in all categories, October 2015.
Our school has a strong Catholic mission at the centre of its community life. We believe that we are part of God’s creative process, providing the opportunity for each individual to flourish in order to serve the Common good.
Governors are looking to appoint a Headteacher who will build on a well-established culture of high achievement leading our school to achieve ‘Outstanding’ status.
The successful candidate will:
- have recent successful leadership as a Headteacher, Deputy Headteacher or Assistant Headteacher
- be a practicing Catholic with the energy and commitment to carry forward the school’s Catholic ethos
- have a clear vision for the future success of the school and all its pupils
- have the ability to lead, motivate and inspire pupils, staff, parents and Governors in pursuit of the school’s strategic development
- be committed to furthering the achievement and progress of all pupils in the school
- be able to exemplify how the needs of all pupils have been met through high quality teaching
We can offer:
- a calm and supportive community, underpinned by our strong Catholic ethos
- wonderful, enthusiastic pupils who are eager to learn and achieve
- a strong leadership team with a dedicated team of staff
- a committed and supportive Governing Body, Local Authority and Archdiocese
- a firm commitment to your ongoing professional development
Application packs can be downloaded from the school website www.sbchs.co.uk or by emailing Mrs A Southworth, firstname.lastname@example.org
Visits to school by appointment with Mrs Southworth on Thursday 1st February or week beginning Monday 5th February 2018. Telephone 01695 583192
Closing date: 12 noon, 19th February 2018
Shortlising date: 28th February 2018
Interview date: Wednesday 7th and Thursday 8th March 2018
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS check