St Gregory the Great is a Catholic school located in Oxford, within the Diocese of Birmingham and is part of The Pope Francis Catholic Multi Academy Company (PFMAC). We are seeking an inspirational leader to continue the school’s journey of rapid improvement.
St Gregory the Great Catholic School has tremendous potential and will be a wonderful opportunity for the right candidate to transform secondary Catholic education in Oxford. We are a community at the very centre of Oxford, which has a unique history and is an exciting innovative place in which to work and learn.
The successful candidate will:-
• Be a practising Catholic
• Have a proven record of successful leadership and a clear understanding and knowledge of a range of strategies and interventions which have secured improved outcomes for all pupils
• Have an analytical, robust and strategic approach to school improvement
• Have the ability to motivate, engage and inspire staff, pupils and parents
• Be resilient and have strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Be aspirational and ambitious for all members of the school community
• Be able to raise the profile of the school within the wider community and its feeder primary schools
The school offers:-
• A strong Catholic community of faith which embraces and values all faiths
• A leadership team committed to securing the best for all students and to further improvement
• Students who want to learn and be successful
• Supportive governance, a focused SIP team and strong links to an established MAC
• The opportunities and challenges offered by a school that requires rapid improvement
St Gregory the Great and the PFMAC are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and require all staff, helpers and governors to share in this commitment. Offers of employment are subject to an enhanced disclosure and barring service check and a Section 128 check.
You can view and download the full job description and person specification for this role, together with an application form and all the related application documents, from our website. Alternatively, please email Ann O’Reilly, HR Manager at: firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack.
If you are interested in this position and would like to visit the school, or have an informal discussion about this role, please contact the CSEL (Catholic Senior Executive Leader) of the PFMAC, Fraser Long on 077120 89212.
Please send your letter of application, together with a completed Catholic Education Service (CES) Application Form, completed CES Recruitment Monitoring Form, CES Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 Disclosure Form and CES Consent to Obtain References Form to Paul Concannon, email: email@example.com by 12 noon on Monday 19 April 2021.
Shortlisted candidates to be notified by Friday 23 April 2021
Interviews will be held during week commencing: 26 April 2021
During the current Covid-19 lockdown we appreciate that circumstances are different. However, interviews will be held in the school but social distancing and the wearing of masks will apply.
As we are a Catholic school, applicants must complete the CES Senior Leadership application form in order to be considered for interview.
Please visit the school website for further details and we welcome candidates who would like to visit the school.
To comply with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1998 (as amended by S147 of the Nationality and Immigration and Asylum Act 2002) all prospective employees will be required to supply evidence of eligibility to work in the UK.
St Gregory the Great Catholic School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant for any position will be required to undertake an enhanced disclosure via the DBS (disclosure and barring system) and appropriate Right to Work clearances and our recruitment and selection practices
St Gregory the Great Catholic School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 19 years