Plymouth CAST Multi-Academy Trust is seeking to appoint a Headteacher for St Boniface College, Plymouth, for September 2019.
St. Boniface’s Catholic College (SBCC) provides a uniquely Catholic Christian-based education for boys, of any faith, residing in and around Plymouth.
We pride ourselves on having a family feel where we are able to treat students as individuals, to get to know them and their families well, to support them effectively, and prepare them successfully for adult life. We are currently quite small with 400 pupils currently on roll, which is below PAN.
SBCC has been on a difficult journey in the last few years with a number of changes in leadership in a short period of time. In 2017 the College was placed in Special Measures by OFSTED, which has led to a further period of change and challenge. However we are now recognised to have the right plans in place to make progress, and support from Plymouth CAST is helping to drive the school forward.
The successful candidate:
● Is a practising Catholic with a strong understanding of and commitment to the Gospel and the teachings of the Catholic Church.
● Has ability to lead school-wide improvement initiatives that have a demonstrable impact on pupil attainment.
● Has made a significant impact in teaching and learning outcomes.
● Is passionately committed to safeguarding and the welfare and wellbeing of children and young people.
● Is committed to meeting the learning and pastoral needs of all pupils at the College.
● Can manage the College’s financial and human resources effectively and efficiently to achieve educational goals and priorities.
● Is resilient and positive, responding to the current challenges in education.
● Is able to work as part of a team and establish positive relationships with pupils, parents, governors and staff.
● Is committed to working as part of a family of schools within the Trust.
Required: September 2019
Salary: Leadership pay spine 18-24
Visits to the school are encouraged. To arrange a visit, please contact the college by email at email@example.com or contact the college on 01752 779051.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS Disclosure is required for this post.
Closing Date for applications: Midday on Monday 25th February 2019
Date for in-school activities: - W/c 11th March 2019
Panel Interview at St Boniface House, Ashburton: - 18th or 19th March 2019