Due to the retirement of our longstanding and highly respected Headteacher, the governors, pupils and staff are seeking to appoint a highly motivated, inspirational and caring Headteacher to continue the growth and development of our happy and welcoming school.
We are a school where everyone has high expectations of each other. Pupils’ learning and high standards are at the core of all aspects of school life. Success at Smithy Bridge is for pupils to achieve, not only high levels of attainment and progress, but also to develop a love of learning, and a breadth of interest and skills which continue into later life.
We are seeking to appoint an inspirational leader who is passionate and dynamic, who will continue the growth and development of our thriving school.
The successful candidate must be someone who works effectively in a team and can inspire as a leader. They must be able to demonstrate that they value every pupil’s progress and ensure achievement is maximised. The post holder will enjoy the support of a dedicated, hardworking staff and governing body.
The governing body are looking for a strong and inspirational leader who has:
- Proven experience of working successfully as a Headteacher or Deputy Headteacher
- A demonstrable track record of achievement as a confident and resilient leader with the ability to manage and inspire staff, to encourage them to achieve the best outcomes for our pupils and themselves, enabling them all to reach their full potential
- A positive ‘can do’ approach to change
- The enthusiasm and empathy required to be an outstanding leader
We can offer:
- A caring, welcoming and well located school on the edge of the Pennines, within a happy and secure environment
- Friendly children who have a positive approach to learning, supported by parents who are engaged with the work of the school
- The opportunity to make a difference and to continue to take our school forwards
- An effective, enthusiastic and supportive governing body
This appointment represents a real opportunity to take this high performing school onto the next stage.
Informal visits to the school are both welcome and strongly encouraged so that you can see for yourself what a wonderful school this is. Please contact Gemma Dean, Business Manager on (01706) 378083 to arrange a suitable appointment.
Closing date for applications: 12 noon on Tuesday, 18 September 2018
Shortlisting: Thursday, 20 September, 2018
Interviews: Wednesday, 26 September and Thursday, 27 September 2018
To apply for the position please download the application form and supporting documentation and send completed applications to email@example.com by 12 noon on Tuesday 18th September 2018.
Smithy Bridge School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
The ability to converse at ease with customers and service users and provide advice in accurate spoken English is an essential requirement of this post.
Applicants are informed that if appointed to this post their contract of employment will be with the school governing board who is the employer, and not Rochdale Council.