Are you a Headteacher looking for a new challenge? Or an Assistant/ Deputy Head ready for that next step?
We are looking for a strongly motivated leader with the vision and energy to drive school improvement.
St Mary’s Catholic Primary School is in a long established federation with St Thomas of Canterbury Catholic Primary School. The governors have recently made the change from one Executive Headteacher across both schools to a Headteacher in each school to ensure their equal success.
We are therefore seeking to appoint a strongly motivated leader with the vision and energy to drive school improvement and be a permanent Headteacher at St Mary’s.
The successful candidate will need to
- Be a practising Catholic, with a strong personal faith who has a clear vision of Catholic education
- Be an excellent practitioner and communicator, able to work inclusively with pupils, staff, parents and Governors
- Believe in the enjoyment of education and able to achieve high quality learning experiences for all our pupils
- Have experience of ensuring high standards of teaching and learning are achieved, maintained and enhanced
- Be a role model to staff through commitment, enthusiasm and dedication to raising standards
In return St Mary’s can offer you:
- Wonderful children, who love school and learning,
- A committed, hardworking and friendly staff team,
- Excellent links with the Diocese and other local Catholic schools,
- A commitment to your professional development and well-being,
- Support from our federated school,
- A governing body who are committed to providing a first class Catholic education for our pupils.
Our one form entry Primary School is sited in spacious leafy grounds in the seaside town of Ryde with splendid views across the Solent. It is easily commutable from the mainland and a contribution towards your season ticket will be considered (max. of 2 years) or help with relocation can be negotiated.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and encouraged throughout January. These can be arranged with our Interim Headteacher by calling the school office on Tel: 01983 562 000.
To apply for this position please click on the apply button to download the application form or contact Carla Bradshaw on firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
Interviews 5th/6th February 2018