Number on roll: 299
Aston Hall Junior and Infant School are looking for an inspirational Headteacher with the passion, vision and resilience to lead our team and drive progress so that all our children reach their full potential. You will have high expectations and the knowledge, experience and interpersonal skills to lead sustained improvement throughout the school whilst being committed to providing a creative, stimulating and inclusive learning environment.
Aston Hall is a popular primary school of 299 pupils and is still growing. Rated as ‘good’ by Ofsted in November 2011, it now needs a dynamic, inspirational leader to inject energy and rigour across all areas of the school to secure the school’s successful performance at the next level.
Aston Hall is part of the Wickersley Partnership Trust; a Multi-Academy Trust which is an approved sponsor of the DfE.
The MAT was established with the very simple but powerful aim of providing high quality teaching and learning, enabling all pupils to reach their full potential, working alongside both secondary and primary schools. Our MAT is progressive, forward thinking and committed to continuing its strategy of providing support to raise high quality standards in all its schools. This is an exciting time to be part of that vision and work as a strategic leader for the Trust in driving forward that ambition. It will be a demanding role but one that offers huge potential and rewards.
Our ideal candidate will have/be:
- significant leadership experience and a proven track record of continuous whole school improvement
- impressive levels of commitment, drive and resilience
- clear focused vision to take our school forward to secure the best outcomes for the pupils
- excellent understanding of effective strategies for raising attainment and achieving excellence
- strong leadership, management and organisational skills and excellent inter-personal skills
- reflective, with good communication and listening skills
- able to promote the school, engaging with parents, carers and the wider community
In return we can offer
- supportive, well informed Governors who are dedicated to a vision of educational excellence, with commitment to your continuing professional development
- opportunities to work collaboratively with our Trust partner schools
- a committed, dedicated and friendly staff
- children who love learning
- the support of Wickersley Partnership Trust
We believe this is a very exciting opportunity for a talented, driven individual to progress their career.
For an informal, confidential discussion, please contact Ms Donna Humphries AEIP for Wickersley Partnership Trust on 07904 919537.
Visits to the school are welcomed and will take place after the closure for half term on Monday 19th February at 4pm or Tuesday 20th February at 9:30am, these can be arranged by contacting the school office -email@example.com.
Closing date for applications is midnight on Wednesday 21st February 2018.
Interviews will be held over 2 days, 26th and 27th February 2018
Application forms and details are available from and returnable to Mrs J Miller, Aston Hall Junior and Infant School, Church Lane, Aston, Sheffield S26 2AX. Or alternately can be found on the website: www.astonhallschool.co.uk by following the vacancy links.
Aston Hall Junior and Infant School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We require the successful applicant to undertake an enhanced criminal records check via the Disclosure & Barring Service. Please visit the school website to view our safeguarding policy.