The children, staff, parents and Governors of Stoke-on-Tern Primary School are seeking to appoint an inspiring, highly effective, enthusiastic, committed and experienced leader with a desire and a passion to see all children reach their full potential. You will be an experienced Headteacher looking for a new challenge or an established deputy Headteacher with demonstrable capacity and willingness to drive their own learning.
We are looking for a Headteacher who:
- Has recent successful experience at leadership at a senior level.
- Will inspire and motivate our teachers and support staff whilst ensuring well-being is at the centre of the school.
- Is committed to the school culture of inclusivity whilst simultaneously driving up standards, demonstrating ambition for all pupils.
- A determined and resilient professional who is able to motivate, enthuse and inspire others and is passionate about developing staff and providing opportunities for growth.
- An excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills who will work collaboratively with staff, governors, parents, and children to build effective relationships with all and make our school better.
- An empathetic character who will be approachable and visible around school.
- The skills and abilities to nurture, inspire and challenge our children.
- A passion to see all children reach their full potential regardless of ability.
- A desire to work with the whole school community to build upon the school’s achievements to date and “Good” OFSTED 2018, to lead us to the next stage of the school’s development.
- The confidence to consider and explore school improvement initiatives as well as the opportunities that may arise to seek closer partnerships in an ever-changing educational landscape.
We can offer you:
- A welcoming, friendly and happy environment, with a committed, experienced, talented and dedicated team of staff.
- A rural school where you get to know and engage with each and every pupil and staff member directly.
- Dedicated Governors who will support and challenge you.
The school currently has two acting co-heads sharing the teaching headship role 50/50. The Governors are open to considering a similar arrangement for the right candidate/s.
Visits to the school can be arranged via the school and these will be held after school hours due to current restrictions. Please contact the school office to arrange a date and time for your visit.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all its pupils; applicants will be subject to enhanced DBS checks and references.
To apply visit https://careers.shropshire.gov.uk/ (Vacancy reference 2246)
Closing Date: Friday 26th February 2021 (midnight)
Shortlisting: Tuesday 9th March 2021
Interviews: Week Commencing 22nd March 2021
Stoke-on-Tern Primary School
- Mainstream school with state - community funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 5 - 11 years